Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

pioneer deh-p55bt

Hi there peeps, i was wondering if you could help me on this about a month or so ago i fitted a new head unit into the IS200 which was a mission in itself, but anyway - the head unit i fitted was the Pioneer DEH-P55BT everything works fine and is really good with the Bluetooth telephone the problem i am having is with then AUX connection that comes out from the back of the unit. what i wanted to use this for was attatching my Mp3 player for more songs etc. but the connection on the back of the head unit is a female head phone socket (So the same as the headphone jack on my mp3 player, now i do have a cable that has male connections either end, i tried this to no avail. now i am seeking some help. Does anyone know how i can get this too work?

Thanks in advance

Cadey

Was the cable you use a stereo cable? ie. with three sections on each plug, or just two (a mono cable)? The input should come up on Aux1 as the source on the player. Also check you haven't got the mp3 player volume too high if it is the headphone out socket it is using. Other than that, the audio buffs on here will have a better idea than me.

The cable that is coming from the head unit is a single female headphone jack, and the cable i used was just a double male headphone connector and then that was connected to the MP3 player, the head unit should see the mp3 player and give me the option of scrolling through the options to the mp3 player, which it hasnt - i will try and find some pictures of the connection on the back of the unit.

there is no option to select AUX1, and the manual doesnt seem to help either, my plan was to ask on here as i am sure someone would have come across the problem before, and if there is no joy here then i will try speaking to Pioneer but it is never very helpful when talking to Pioneer i have found.

That sounds like a possibility, i have been through the options and i couldnt find anything, but i will have a further look tonight when i finish work, at lunch today i figured out how to transfer my phone book over to the head unit that was not an easy task. I am sure i will get to the bottom of it, i am sure someone else on here had the same head unit so hopefully they will pop on and give me a hand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links