Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rs Vs Ie

fostertom

Thanks for the advice in 'Rs Mpg?' Here's some more.

How can I get to drive an RS - anyone let me have a go in UK West Country? I'm near Exeter.

Is RS a track-day car with trim? Compare with IS, as far as uncompromised handling?

Noise/bumpy suspension/harshness compared with IS?

Trim style and quality, and gadgets, compared with IS?

Do UK Altezza owners convert trim etc and badges to Lexus IS, or leave all as Altezza?

As far as the difference is there is none except for the engine
Most RS200 i've seen are lower than a standard IS200 especially at the rear...
So which is true, about suspension difference?

Altezza's not an uncompromised handling/driver's car then, not a homologation special - just fatter engine?

You will struggle to get an altezza with leather
Seems there's basic, Z and L. Z and L have better tyres and lots more. Only difference between Z and L is L has 'leather and excene', and an all-leather seats extra-cost option. There's also 6MT or 5AT - 5AT lacks sports suspension, oil cooler, fuel consumption gauge, aero grille, and LSD and TRC are extra-cost options. Sunroof is extra-cost option on all models - what chance of that?

Looks like I need 6MT L-pack with leather option and sunroof option. Is that being too picky?

Altezza's not an uncompromised handling/driver's car then, not a homologation special - just fatter engine?

Seems there's basic, Z and L. Z and L have better tyres and lots more. Only difference between Z and L is L has 'leather and excene', and an all-leather seats extra-cost option. There's also 6MT or 5AT - 5AT lacks sports suspension, oil cooler, fuel consumption gauge, aero grille, and LSD and TRC are extra-cost options. Sunroof is extra-cost option on all models - what chance of that?

Looks like I need 6MT L-pack with leather option and sunroof option. Is that being too picky?

Na its not being picky just very hard to find one to match all your needs. Most Altezzas are Z's. Over 100 Altezzas for sale in Ireland!

Na its not being picky just very hard to find one to match all your needs. Most Altezzas are Z's. Over 100 Altezzas for sale in Ireland!

If you wanted the leather option you could do what I did (and others) and buy a used interior and swap it over.

If you wanted the leather option you could do what I did (and others) and buy a used interior and swap it over.
That's good. What about sunroofs - how common? Is 6MT the handling package, while 5AT is same as IS, suspension-wise? Is 6MT/5MT an early/late thing, or did they run simultaneous?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links