Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bad Air

Sang

I seem to have noticed something about my IS200 which seems to annoy me slightly cos it's embarassing. When i turn the air con or heater on the first bits of air that comes out of the vents smell abit... well... not nice... then after a minute or two it seems to clear and the air is ok and doesn't smell of anything... Does anyone else have the same thing in their Lexus? Does anyone know what it could be?

I seem to have noticed something about my IS200 which seems to annoy me slightly cos it's embarassing. When i turn the air con or heater on the first bits of air that comes out of the vents smell abit... well... not nice... then after a minute or two it seems to clear and the air is ok and doesn't smell of anything... Does anyone else have the same thing in their Lexus? Does anyone know what it could be?

Hi,

Its bacteria build up, you can get a spray from Halfords, Toyota or Lexus, which will solve the smell issue by killing the bacteria. The spray comes with a long tube which you just push down each of the vents and spray. Once you have done all the vents, wait 5-10 mins, close them so air will not come out when turned on. Turn them on to get rid of the excess foam, make sure the vents are closed otherwise you will have all the foam spray out everywhere.

Hi,

Its bacteria build up, you can get a spray from Halfords, Toyota or Lexus, which will solve the smell issue by killing the bacteria. The spray comes with a long tube which you just push down each of the vents and spray. Once you have done all the vents, wait 5-10 mins, close them so air will not come out when turned on. Turn them on to get rid of the excess foam, make sure the vents are closed otherwise you will have all the foam spray out everywhere.

Using the version with the tube and pushing it down the vents doesnt really achieve anything as the foam doesnt go into the evaporator properly which is the area the bacteria lives in.

you need the version without the tube.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links