Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lcd Display Fix Tutorial

Hi

those of you who have read the previous post will know that im trying to find a fix for my radio LCD backlight which fails to light - During my quest i came across this tutorial which details how to replace the radio LCD when it has totally failed.

the tutorial can be found here:

http://www.lextreme.com/lcdtech.html

Hope it is use to somebody.

As for my problem i read a post on here somewhere where a guy said he managed to fix his radio backlight with just a few pence and couple of hours work - although no further nformation was given but from where im standing it looks as if he has removed and simantled the unit down to the circuit board and replaced a few bulbs.

But this is all i know so if anybody out there knows anything please let us know - im sure theres quite a few people who could benefit from this cruical bit of info

regards

miq

Hi,

I think you will find that the tutorial covers the LCD and backlight replacement on the Climate control unit not the radio,if I remember correctly the radio is at least 10 times worse to take apart and repair.I am a qualified electronics engineer and wouldn't fancy the thought of doing the radio.

I would 1st check that there is a supply to the radio lights as this is a separate feed (ill+ ill-) mine are OK but it is unusual for them all to go together as they are normally connected in parallel so if one goes the others stay lit ( unlike Christmas tree light which are in series so when one bulb goes they all go out ummm just thought mine never work from the year before without some fiddling and it's fast approaching the time again)

Hi,

I think you will find that the tutorial covers the LCD and backlight replacement on the Climate control unit not the radio,if I remember correctly the radio is at least 10 times worse to take apart and repair.I am a qualified electronics engineer and wouldn't fancy the thought of doing the radio.

I would 1st check that there is a supply to the radio lights as this is a separate feed (ill+ ill-) mine are OK but it is unusual for them all to go together as they are normally connected in parallel so if one goes the others stay lit ( unlike Christmas tree light which are in series so when one bulb goes they all go out ummm just thought mine never work from the year before without some fiddling and it's fast approaching the time again)

HI

steve really appreciate your comment there - i have only had the car 2 days and from the info i have gathered from various sources seems to point to replacing the so called small leds inside the radio. I have also seen one post on here where somebody said that if you have and aftermarket telephone kit installed the radio backlight will also fail to light. Well in mine i have a sat nav fitted (hard wired) and a telephone so question is do you think these 2 things have anything to do with the radio backlights - do you think i could tackle this myself??

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

regards

miq

Hi

those of you who have read the previous post will know that im trying to find a fix for my radio LCD backlight which fails to light - During my quest i came across this tutorial which details how to replace the radio LCD when it has totally failed.

the tutorial can be found here:

http://www.lextreme.com/lcdtech.html

Hope it is use to somebody.

As for my problem i read a post on here somewhere where a guy said he managed to fix his radio backlight with just a few pence and couple of hours work - although no further nformation was given but from where im standing it looks as if he has removed and simantled the unit down to the circuit board and replaced a few bulbs.

But this is all i know so if anybody out there knows anything please let us know - im sure theres quite a few people who could benefit from this cruical bit of info

regards

miq

hi yeah that was me see post on radio backlighting ps no bulbs replaced just 3 capasitors at 11p each

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links