Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Problems

Tom B

Ive got to work this morning, locked the car as normal and left it parked up. When I return afew hours later to get some stuff out of the car I noticed that the key was not unlocking the central locking - amusing that the Battery was dead in the key I unlock the car manually only to set off the alarm and :tsktsk: off everyone around me! :whistling: After a couple of minutes the alarm turns off but everytime I open the doors the alarm will go off again. I put the keys in and started the car but it still would go off!! :whistling: When i got home I tired my spare keys only to find that the car was still not unlocking or locking!!!! Is it known that the senor in the car has failed and im going to have an expensive repair bill on my hands? Or if there a fuse to check or something like that?

Hi sorry to bring this up again, yesterday i changed the batteries in all my keys and still had no luck using the central locking, Is their something else I should check before i look at getting the senor replaced (fuses etc). The senor is the one on the dashboard next to the sat nav gps receiver??

Hi sorry to bring this up again, yesterday i changed the batteries in all my keys and still had no luck using the central locking, Is their something else I should check before i look at getting the senor replaced (fuses etc). The senor is the one on the dashboard next to the sat nav gps receiver??

no and no.

sensor is in the roof light and gps is in the rear

Spoke to Lexus today, will be £400 to order the part plus labour costs etc :tsktsk: (ive changed all the batteries in the keys and still no joy)

have they checked anything or have they just said " its this and that" without looking at the car??

just 4 info the alarm will sound for a while even after the car is started - takes upto 20 secs for the alarm to stop but is norm about 10 secs once car is started -- all explained in the owners manual

Lexus dealer have said that that is the fault without looking at the car - just going on what ive said over the phone with reguards to changing the bateries etc. I'll try and see if there are any fuses or something else that might of gone wrong before I hand over my blank cheque!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links