Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Lexus

biffobear

Just joined the club, and decided to relate my experiences so far.

Decided a couple of months back to change my 7 year old Primera Sport+ for something newer.

Went to local Toyota Dealer to look at an Avensis and got roped into a test drive the next week. When I turned up it took an hour to go throught paperwork preferences, examination of my vehicle for trade in etc etc before i actually got to sit in the car and eventually drive it. Car was OK but the overall experience left me unimpressed.

Next door was the Lexus Coventry dealership, so I walked across to have a look. 15 minutes later I was driving an IS300 sportcross and I was a convert to lexus! Over the next few weeks I test drove an IS200SE Auto (lovely engine sound) and an IS300 at other dealerships,always being treated well and with no pressure to sign on the dotted line. Settled on getting an IS300 (my choice :shifty: ) which had to be in a silvery colour (wife's choice!!). Eventually I got a 53 plate IS300 Limited edition from Lexus Leeds, which I bought over the phone without seeing it ,as I felt so confident about the brand and the way the vehicle would be prepared. They even gave me a reasonable valuation on my car over the phone without seeing it - mutual trust?!

Travelled up to collect the car a couple of weeks later - car was immaculate, wife got flowers and a lovely long drive home to get used to it!

First downer came 2 days late when the headlight leveler warning light came on - lights failed in the up position so dazzling people, had to resort to sidelights and front fog lights in the dark.

It took 4 days before I could get it sorted out at Lexus Coventry, they replaced front and rear axle leveling units whilst I waited.

After a few weeks of ownership whilst checking tyres I noticed that the 4 tyres fitted were Yokohaha Parada 215/40/17's while the spare Bridgestone was a 215/45/17 :unsure:.

Rang the local dealers and they confirmed that the tyres fited were a non-standard size; ride height would be slightly lower and speedo would be slightly out. From my point of view the spare would not really be usable, so I contacted Lexus Leeds and explained my problem to them. Upshot of this was that they offered to pay £400 towards 4 new tyres of the correct size!! Car now fitted with 4 Avon ZZ3's - more wet grip than the Yokohamas!!

Car itself is brilliant, quiet ,silky smooth power when required i'm still getting used to the handling charecteristics, my Primera handled extremely well but had a very harsh ride - need to test the IS in the day on quiet roads to see if it can achieve the same or better levels in comfort!

Only minus points are fuel consumption (expected) getting around 23mpg on mainly short commutes to work and small boot size.

Overall I am over the moon with the car, it will be very difficult to go into other brand main dealers after the Lexus experience; if they did a small car I'm sure my wife would trade her beloved Micra in for it. Difficult not to smile when in the car as its so relaxing to drive, I'm sure i've got more curteous to other drivers and I don't need much of an excuse to find to nip out in it (must get the paper/bread/etc)

I think the IS will be with me for a long long time - or are the other models Lexus models even better?!

Finally full credit to all at both Lexus Leeds and Lexus Coventry, long may their excellent service continue.

You’re right, the Lexus dealer experience is much better than any of the others – especially the German brands starting with “A” or “B”. The IS300 is a very good car – after 6 months of ownership, mine just keeps getting better and better.

Welcome aboard.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links