Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accident Blackspot Detectors

Keith Bowler

Well what do you recommend.

I have a budget of £150.

Buy a Tom Tom I hear you say with camera database but I have portable SatNav that I use on a PDA for when I need it.

I really want something for every day use and have been looking at the Road Angel Plus 'cos I like the wireless option and those by Talex which are 'wired'. Both very different units and very different in price too.

Help me make my mind up, what would you buy and why?

Hi Keith,

We are about to launch 2 new safety camera and blackspot alert devices called the Road Angel Professional and Road Angel Professional Connected.

The Road Angel Professional is a vastly improved product to that of the Road Angel Plus, however much more stylish with the added features of a customisable, full colour screen and also a remote control.

The Road Angel Professional Connected is the same as the Road Angel Professional however it has a built in SIM card that enables live updates on safety cameras and blackspots as you drive! You can also track the unit via a secure web-based portal and tell other Connected Road Angel users of 'Live' safety camera vans.

There is no need to ever plug this unit into a computer for database updates, as it uses mobile phone networks to do it automatically as you drive!

Both these products will be available within weeks. Visit our website and register you interest, and we will let you know when they have been officially launched. www.roadangelgroup.com

Regards,

Neil Kuiper

Marketing Manager

Road Angel Group Ltd

i would still chose the tom tom with cameras ,the road angel i have has the built in detctor thing that you put on the screen and it has not gone of once in the 4 years i have had it . paid a lot of money for it when they came out and always regretted it .

I have an Origin B2, they a new one out now, around your budget I think. I can't fault it so far, regular updates, the laser detector seems to work very well, as we found out in Calais port :) also the ermm (garage door opener ;) ) works well, tested with a mate in the force :)

I have both only cos the firm paid for the RA when I was doing a lot of travelling

RA, Good Bits, Looks good, and has laser but I guess by the time it comes up your done anyway, easy user options, Easy to update :D

Bad Bits

Database is hopeless there are three cash points near me that it does not pick up at all that have been there a year I have been on to there help desk and they have done a full reset 3 times still no joy. They say not there fault as database is given to them from the camera partnership. If it does not pick them up how many others does it miss that makes the unit useless imo. :tsktsk:

So I brought a Talex, Good bits, small, works perfect, have them both in the car and you can tell the RA misses some cameras

Bad bits, can’t add a danger point yourself or if you can I haven’t worked out how to do it :question:

Also you can download the Talex db onto Tom Tom’s etc

Ade

can't fault the road angel. i have the classic and is great. if you do find cameras that are not on database you can add them. But as cameras are going up all the time, i use mine to warn me to check my speed in case, not as an excuse to break the speed limit. if you do that, then you going to get caught sometime.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links