Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service, Do's And Dont's

lazy84

Hi

I have just called my local lexus dealer and asked for a service price.

I own a 99 Sport model which has done 112K.

The lady gave me a price of £339 including some sort of discount, the service would include, changing all filters, changing oil, diff oil, and all fluids.

The questions i had are:

Does the diff oil need to be changed or toped up, and what are the consequences of not changing or topping this up?

Can all the fluids just be topped up rather then changed?

Is there any particular oil that should be used, what would be the best brand of oil to use?

Thanks in advance.....

diff only needs a litre or so ... you have to buy a minium of a litre anyway

topping up oil or any fluids is not a good idea and will only end up costing you alot more down the road in more serious repairs

The car was last serviced at 102K, when the cambelt was changed. Apart from the last service the rest have all been carried out by lexus, but on the last one, due to the cost i bought all the parts from lexus and got the work done at a local garage.

I would ideally like to avoid getting it serviced from the dealer if possible, thats why i wanted to know about what is essential at this service.

The car was last serviced at 102K, when the cambelt was changed. Apart from the last service the rest have all been carried out by lexus, but on the last one, due to the cost i bought all the parts from lexus and got the work done at a local garage.

I would ideally like to avoid getting it serviced from the dealer if possible, thats why i wanted to know about what is essential at this service.

i have an is200 sport..personally i would change the diff oil and engine oil every year...best to be safe than sorry!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links