Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Discs And Pads Should I Get?

LexAzur

I am in the same boat. I was going to stick with the OEM Lexus setup, but from my own research I have found a few options that may offer better braking performance for same price/a tad higher:

1. brembo discs/Akebono Pro ACT ceramic pads (I found these on www.tirerack.com and they have very good reviews)

2. Rossini drilled & grooved discs and pads (http://www.mcc-marketing.co.uk/rossini_promo1.html?gclid=CL7wyZqupZACFQXnlAod1GYGHA)

3. Black Diamond grooved discs with Black Diamond Predator pads (Yoshi on here has used them on his Aristo Twin Turbo and rates them highly)

4. 3G discs/Mintex pads - from Pro-Lex - not sure if anybody with a GS has fitted them on LOC?

My preference is with option 1, as the prices work out good, but the only issue is getting them shipped to the UK from the US (discs are HEAVY and it can work out quite expensive)

HTH

Have to agree... I used EBC green stuff on my Mazda, which turned out to be the cause of warping disks...

Changed for Mintex pads, and the warping disappeared in about a few days.. plus they worked better than the green stuff..

I will definately be changing to mintex pads, when these wear out..

John

• 2 months later...

Mintex do a matched set of pads and disks, they are really good and the pads have a good feel to them, they have a bit of bite when they warm up. I fitted them on my gs300 cost around £110.00 off eBay for the front pads and disks. On my LS430 i fitted blueprint disks and mintex pads, cost me £140.00 for the front disks and pads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links