Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Get My New Satnav Dvd Into The Player?

Just bought an upgrade SatNav DVD from Lexus for my 2001 LS430. "Dead easy to install" they told me, then gave me no instructions! I have located the player in the right side of the boot. It is secured by two bolts, after removing these the player tilts upwards and has a single button, which when pressed...does nothing.

Obviously I am doing this with ignition ON but have also tried with it off. There must be something else I'm not doing, probably something very simple (but apparently not known to my local Lexus service department.....).

Would be most gateful if anyone could help.

ADC

Hi ADC

I did this a month ago. I cant remember exactly where it is but there is a button to open the flap on the dvd slit. I think it was a mechanical switch that you slide across and it was below the slit when you slide it across and then when you hit eject it should work.

Glenn

I have an LS400 from 2000 which may well be different but I tilted the player up and slid the button rearwards with the ignition in ACC position. The disc was ejected and I popped in the new one.

Thanks, mate. Very similar on mine - your tip helped me. On mine you push the button and slide towards the front, then push the button again to eject. Cheers.

BTW Lexus called me with the instructions just after I had successfully replaced the disc!

Hi ADC

I did this a month ago. I cant remember exactly where it is but there is a button to open the flap on the dvd slit. I think it was a mechanical switch that you slide across and it was below the slit when you slide it across and then when you hit eject it should work.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Very similar on mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links