Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth

Hey guys,

I have a gs300 sel and although the Bluetooth works well, i ahve only found one phone where once the phone is connected (engine or electrics still on), if u move away from the car far enough for teh phone to disconnect itself, then when u walk back to teh car it will connect itself again, the only phone that does this i ahve found so far is the SEk700 and i ahve tried old and new phones different makes and this is the only phone that can do this.

Does anyone at all know what other phones can do this? as the k700 is getting a bit old now, i tried many others but they jsut wont connect back. the only way for it to connect again is if i turn the engine off then on again.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated.

Hey guys,

I have a gs300 sel and although the bluetooth works well, i ahve only found one phone where once the phone is connected (engine or electrics still on), if u move away from the car far enough for teh phone to disconnect itself, then when u walk back to teh car it will connect itself again, the only phone that does this i ahve found so far is the SEk700 and i ahve tried old and new phones different makes and this is the only phone that can do this.

Does anyone at all know what other phones can do this? as the k700 is getting a bit old now, i tried many others but they jsut wont connect back. the only way for it to connect again is if i turn the engine off then on again.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated.

I've had 3 phones in the time I've had my 250 and they've all connected when in range...the first a Nokia 8630i, then the SE 800i and now a Nokia N95 8GB. Only problem I had was with the 8630i that wouldn't synchronise all contact numbers...not a problem with the other two

Does it work OK if you go away and come back later ( i.e. when you get in the car in the morning or after work )? I'm just wondering if it only connects on ignition on and start / move away. I don't know on mine but it connects after about 20 seconds of driving.

Maybe i didnt describe it clearly? or i misunderstood what u were saying?

The phone connects to the Bluetooth fine when i get in it. but when i leave the car with phone in pocket and teh engine still running it wont connect back

(eg. i start car up in morning, my phone in my pocket, the phone connects to the car. i decide to run back into house to go to toilet (leaves the engine running), the distance too far from car so it disconnects, after the toilet, i go back into car, it wont automatically connect itself, the only way is to turn engine off then on again).

the only phone that can auto connect itself again is the k700. does anyone know which phone can reconnect itself like this?

thanks

Tango - u said when ur phones connect when in range, do u mean reconnecting like the eg i just gave? or do u mean the first time when u start engine?

Steve - when u initially start the engine, like u said it takes about 20secs to connect however with the k700 where it is already connected and i leave the car with engine running and i return, as soon as i approach teh car, maybe by the door about to open it, it already connects itself, (very rapid), i want to find another phone that can do this

Tango - u said when ur phones connect when in range, do u mean reconnecting like the eg i just gave? or do u mean the first time when u start engine?

Both the Nokia 8630i and the SE K800i re-connected if I walked out of range and back again. It also works without the engine running but with the ignition on (press the start without pressing the brake pedal). The Nokia N95 8GB gives an audible bleep when it disconnects from the other Bluetooth device...in this case the car, and again when it's back in range.

All Bluetooth phones should do this?

Ive tried a fair few now and still only the k700 does it!

im pretty sure it isnt time dependant as u said not straight away as by the time i get to work, it still doesnt connect!

however the majority of the phones i have tried are old and new sonys and the not so new nokias plus a few others, which seems to be not the ones u guys are using which does it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links