Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Driven A Gs300 Mk2 Twinturbo

Hi all, has anybody here had any experience with a GS300 Vertex twin turbo?? I have seen one for sale on a V reg 1999, I assume it will be an import. The guy wants £17000 for it and I am very tempted as the GS430 I was hoping to get has fallen through :( Can anyone tell me what the performance is like on these TT's ie 0-60 time etc, and are they any good.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Glenn

Glenn,

I am the proud owner of a mk2 vertex v300 and it rocks! the stock 0-60 is 6.5, but as many of the chaps on here will tell you, the 2jz-gte engine is one of the most tuneable arround. One of the chaps on here is about to stick this engine into an IS and 700bhp is the target!

Before buying this, I had a uk gs300 sport, loved it, but lacked the "power". It goes like stink and is a real headturner - the only thing i miss is heated seats! The gs430 was vapourware when i bought the v300, but then again the 430 is quite a lot more cash.

Shame you couldnt hold out a few weeks as I am looking to buy an LS430 or S430 and you could buy mine! - 33,000 miles Black, with blacked windows (tinted - not film!), touch screen tv and UK sat nav - 18' wheels (10 inch wide on rears)

Rik

Hi Rik, thanks for the feedback on your GStwin turbo, it sounds like a nice one too (Black is the right colour) I have a GS300SE Mk2 which I have owned for 3 years now and love it to bits, but like you say the power is OK but a bit more would be nice. I have recently bought an IS300 which goes like a rocket and handles like a go cart (fantastic motor) but I do like the interior of the GS and a few other things. Problem I have now is that I still own the GS as my dealer offered me a rubbish PX price for it and I got a good deal on the IS for cash. I am trying to sell my GS privatly with no luck so far so I am considering selling the IS300 instead and then part exchanging the GS for another GS either a 430 or a twin turbo.

Let me know when you are ready to sell yours and I may be in a position to buy, fingers crossed and all that.

Cheers

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...

Aristo Vertex / Lexus Vertex performance :

Standard (280bhp), 0-60 6.9s, 0-100 15.5s, 1/4 mile 15.1s

Add boost controller + induction kit :

320/330bhp, 0-60 6s, 0-100 14.2s, 1/4 mile 14.1s

All times recorded at www.crailraceway.com

The Aristo Vertex potential is 1000bhp with engine mods + 200bhp NOS = 1200bhp.

Realistic is 800bhp without upgrading internals engine, this is why the Supra block 2JZ-GTE is sooooo good.

After 650bhp you get leaky crank seals so for everyday driving, 650bhp would be the norm.

Change the BHP via boost/fuel controller, idea for when it's wet or you want reliability.

With the boost controller (£400) and induction kit (£300) I can assure you it will blow away M3/M3 roadster. Fastest times 1/4 mile are 14.3's for M3, don't believe the 13.7s quoted by 'Car' magazine it's BS.

The F1 shift makes a big dif. 'L' gear is designed for standing start launch, you can run 4000 rpm on the start line before the wheels even start to smoke.

I've also blown away a Scooby hatch on 1/4 as well and nearly pipped a modified Pulsar GTiR (4 wheel drive turbo), videos available!!!!

You'll love the TT, it smooth, stlyish and dam quick. My little beast does a 0 - 60 in 4 second - yep 4 seconds. Not sure of the top end, not that brave for that. Did a quick spin on a track and hit 175 on the speedo and still had some go left for a quick foot down and accerlate, stop at that point. Needed to make sure my Life Ins was up to date :lol:

But the only thing you'll find is that the fuel comsuption can a bit if you used the TT alot.

Mine is pushing 600bhp, going for some boosters to give it a bit of a kick B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links