Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Lense

Parf

I have just put Xenon upgrade bulbs in mine and they are an improvement as they are higher wattage, not by much though.

I know 100 watt bulbs are illegal but if I only fit them to full beam will it pass an MOT as they normally only check they work dont they, not like the dipped when they check the direction and intensity.

Ive just bought some Halos too, any advice on fitting them. Do i really have to take the bumper off to get the lights out?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi...I've just recently bought an 03 altezza. It is standard at the moment although I want to change the head lights to the dark faced ones. The next step will be either hid or angel eye's but I'm not really clued up on this. What would anyone suggest....HID, angle eye's or both? Is it worth getting both and if I go for the angel eye's option, are they easy to fit as I've just had a look at the lights and don't really see how they would. Would really appreciate any advice on this as I haven't the money to burn trying to find out......cheers

Cheers for that mate...going for the hids4u main beam and fog light conversion. Yes I do have Xenon already but they aren't the best. Thanks again.

I have just put xenon upgrade bulbs in mine and they are an improvement as they are higher wattage, not by much though.

I know 100 watt bulbs are illegal but if I only fit them to full beam will it pass an MOT as they normally only check they work dont they, not like the dipped when they check the direction and intensity.

Ive just bought some Halos too, any advice on fitting them. Do i really have to take the bumper off to get the lights out?

You don't have to take the bumper off to get the lights off. If you access the light from from behind by pulling back the wheel arch liner, you will see to nuts holding the cluster onto the chassis. There is also a clip you need to pop out too on the side closest to the grille be careful you don't snap this off

Xenon bulbs aren't actually supposed to be that much brighter, the higher the temperature the bluer the tint gets but also doesn't through off as much light. Just buy your self a HID kit and you will be amazed at the difference. Not road legal( unless your headlights have washers and a self leveling mechanism) but once they are more white than blue i cant see any problems from the cops

i'm not sure if this is even slightly possible so i'll apologise in advance for suggesting it as i'm not sure on the differences between Mitsi FTO headlights and Altezza ones.

But there was a trick you could do by getting out the headlight and putting it in the oven at a low temp for a couple of hours which would loosen the glue so you could get the lense off the head light.

You maybe able to once doing this to clean the headlight up from both sides :eerrrmm:

I know it sounds crazy but it was possible so i've got no idea how and if this can be done and what risks where involved.

anyways that's my 2p as my headlights are tinged slightly yellow not the fault of the bulbs as such but discoloration of headlight cover glass or plastic...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links