Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Losing Power And Engine Light On

wiggy1

Anyone ever suffer with this problem? Basically when i hit the 120kph+ mark my engine light flickers and ive no accelerating power. If i drive at anything less than this speed it is perfect. From take off its normal, there is no power loss and it flies up through the revs without missing a beat. Its just when i hit 120+ it goes bad. Its only started doing this since having some work done(had timing belt done and the throttle body was cleaned). I dont think its the maf sensor as it is only a few months old and doesnt look damaged. I am thinking it might be O2 sensor. Would this cause this? I have checked all connections and hoses but cant see anything out of place. I have reset the ecu and no joy, I have searched the net and didnt come up with much. I planned to try the trick with the paper clip to check for a fault code but there is no et1 slot in the diagnosis box. Any help would be great. Thanks

Got it back today, finally. Had it diagnosed on Friday from a local place and code P1354 (Variable Valve Timing System) came up. I told him i recently got the timing belt changed and he said it might have slipped a tooth. So my bro stripped it down and it had in fact slipped a tooth. Job done it goes like a dream now.

Got it back today, finally. Had it diagnosed on Friday from a local place and code P1354 (Variable Valve Timing System) came up. I told him i recently got the timing belt changed and he said it might have slipped a tooth. So my bro stripped it down and it had in fact slipped a tooth. Job done it goes like a dream now.

This happened to mine, infact i got it for a steel for this exact reason. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links