Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Washer Not Working

Hi

The windscreen washer on my 1993 LS400 has stopped working. I located the pump at the base of the washer bottle and tested it with a 12v Battery and it works fine. The headlamp washer has also stopped working but I am not sure if this is related to the problem with the windscreen washer. The wipers work fine, wash/wipe operates the wipers but there is no water. The only fuse I can find any reference to is the 20A one for the wiper circuit and this is fine.

Any ideas?

Scott

Hi

The windscreen washer on my 1993 LS400 has stopped working. I located the pump at the base of the washer bottle and tested it with a 12v battery and it works fine. The headlamp washer has also stopped working but I am not sure if this is related to the problem with the windscreen washer. The wipers work fine, wash/wipe operates the wipers but there is no water. The only fuse I can find any reference to is the 20A one for the wiper circuit and this is fine.

Any ideas?

Scott

There will be a relay somewhere for the washers, it may be knackered, no idea where it is in your model though

Hi

I would agree with Durrantie, it sounds like a relay. Usually all the relays are kept together in a covered box. You should be able to swap the relay with another of the same rating and see does it fix the problem... if so off to the shop and but a new one for 50p!

Glenn

Hi

I would agree with Durrantie, it sounds like a relay. Usually all the relays are kept together in a covered box. You should be able to swap the relay with another of the same rating and see does it fix the problem... if so off to the shop and but a new one for 50p!

Glenn

Hi

Glenn

I have Lexus service manuals for the 1990 US model and they show the washer motor just fed from a switch in the steering column, the 1990 model doesn't have the headlight washers which the '93 model has. If anyone can confirm that the windscreen washer and the headlamp washer use a common relay in the '93 model, and where it is :-) that would save me a bit of work, otherwise I might have 2 seperate faults.

Scott

There are relays behind the r/hand headlight [ as you face the windscreen] including a seperate one for the headlight cleaner

The wiper ecu is behind the instrument panel, this is also connected to the washer...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links