Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys,

I was hoping for some advice from some of the more experience members here. I am currently enjoying my 18 month old IS 250 SE Auto + MM, however, ever since i placed the order back then i had always really wanted the Sport in Auto. As it is now an option, i am in 2 minds whether to trade in my SE and go for the Sport. The other thing about the "old IS 250" that i'm not really too keen on is the leg room for passengers at the back. For a four door car, i have to say the IS has to be the worst i've seen, although it doesn't help that i have long legs and my seat is far back, but there still should be enough room for someone to sit. I saw the newer IS250's and noticed they have tried to improve this, however will need to investigate further.

I have just passed the 13k mile mark and was wondering what kinda deal should i be going for if i was to go ahead with the sport. For those who have done something similar, have you found the newer IS to be worth it??

Any help as usual is much appreciated

Hey guys,

I was hoping for some advice from some of the more experience members here. I am currently enjoying my 18 month old IS 250 SE Auto + MM, however, ever since i placed the order back then i had always really wanted the Sport in Auto. As it is now an option, i am in 2 minds whether to trade in my SE and go for the Sport. The other thing about the "old IS 250" that i'm not really too keen on is the leg room for passengers at the back. For a four door car, i have to say the IS has to be the worst i've seen, although it doesn't help that i have long legs and my seat is far back, but there still should be enough room for someone to sit. I saw the newer IS250's and noticed they have tried to improve this, however will need to investigate further.

I have just passed the 13k mile mark and was wondering what kinda deal should i be going for if i was to go ahead with the sport. For those who have done something similar, have you found the newer IS to be worth it??

Any help as usual is much appreciated

I didn't know they did a Sport auto - I can't find it on the website configurator or anywhere else - is this new? Performancewise, I can't see there being any difference so I guess it just comes down to the visual tweaks and if you like the fake suede seats (personally, give me leather everytime).

I had a look at the new seat backs in the dealers at the weekend and they have replaced the hard pockets on the backs of the front seats with soft ones. It hasn't really given more legroom but it has made it a bit more comfortable if you are sat in the back and your knees brush the back of the seat in front. Other than that there are no real differences (unless you count the side by side boot and fuel release switches that is).

If I were you I would wait 6 months or so and see what changes come in for 2009. Your car will only be 2 years old with plenty of warranty left and low mileage, so it will be attractive to a dealership to put on their lot and you should be able to drive a good deal (the new Audi A4 will be well on stream by then so Lexus may do better finance deals to make the IS more attractive or up the spec inside).

The Sport has tighter suspension, 18" wheels and is a little closer to the ground. Even in auto, I reckon that the extra cost to change will not deliver enough, in terms of feeling that you have something better/different/newer. Seat room is the same, and I cannot think of much other differences. For what it is worth, have a look at what some of the other members have done with their SE cars (wheels and other accessories) and these look more sport than the IS-sport model. Otherwise, I would agree with N.B.L.G. above, wait and see if a more dramatic improvement to the IS comes along next year

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links