Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fog Light Assembly

Aweb

I've had a problem with the driver side fog light on my altezza.

After investigation it appears mine is completely knacked with condensation in the front and some sort of debris!

I've checked the back (remove the arch liner) and there is debris and crap so i'm unable to take the bulb out.

I've concluded i need a new driver side fog light assembly.

does anyone know where i can get the whole thing and how much its likely to cost?

thanks alot in advance! :)

I've had a problem with the driver side fog light on my altezza.

After investigation it appears mine is completely knacked with condensation in the front and some sort of debris!

I've checked the back (remove the arch liner) and there is debris and crap so i'm unable to take the bulb out.

I've concluded i need a new driver side fog light assembly.

does anyone know where i can get the whole thing and how much its likely to cost?

thanks alot in advance! :)

£160ish new or try eBay :D

Hello mate.....I had exactly the same problem with mine. I literally just replaced both of mine today. try.... http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/ .....click on toyota parts then altezza parts and fill in the required fields. Or you can call....01332 293399.....I think a pair cost me £60 second hand but to look at them you wouldn't know it. If you had the same problem as me and can't get the plastic connection out of the fog light housing because it's so corroded, make sure you ask them for the plastic connections and that the whole unit comes complete and ready to just slip on. They only sent me one plastic connection so thank god the passenger side one was ok. Hope I've managed to help...oh yeh....make sure you grease them up before you put them back on so you don't have the same problem again.

Managed to get one from nippon auto spares for £58 delivered. thought it was good value until i saw your post royalcan :rolleyes: :D

anyways i was all set to take it to the garage to replace but i thought f it i'm gonna have a go my self! i'm kind of a novice when it comes to this crap but it took me about an hour to get the old one out and put the new one back in.

the old one was completely corroded to fk! :o so i've just been spending the last hour or so taking it apart watching bits of plastic and rubber to fall apart and crumble! :ohmy:

thought it was quite straight forward to do just fiddly as my hands and arms are a bit chunky! :hehe:

i'm sure people know how to do this but here's my little txt guide of what i did:

1: get 10mm socket and ratchet thingy

2: shove through hole next to fog light and wedge the socket over the one of the two 10mm heads and undo.

3: make sure your steering wheel is turned to the right so the wheel is going inwards.

4: undo a couple of poppers and peel the arch liner over the front bumper so you can get your hand in.

5: with one hand behind the fog light and the other on the front start to wiggle and it should start to become free.

6: pull the fog light gently towards you being careful as to not pull the cable as there's not much slack to that.

7: undo light plug to the bulb with the aid of a flat head screwdriver. mine needed a bit of wiggling off :D

8: grab the new fog light assembly and plug the power lead back into the fog light (bulb)

9: push back in grab one of the two bolts and place back in. this bit was most fiddly for me as i had to do it with two fingers to get the head to bite

10: do the second one and finish off with the ratchet

11: test fog light and then put back the arch liner to how it was.

I would have got some pics but it was dark and light was a little crappy :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links