Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bio-ethanol E85/e100

LennyLexus

(i'll be going green as soon as there is a E85 station ere, so that should give upto 20% more power, so almost 260bhp).

:lol::lol: dont think so mate

Pure E100 is 106Ron, E85 is 104Ron, it has proven increases of 20% in the Saab.. I would have thought at least 10% increase should be possible so 20bhp+, i've already found a place that sells the kits (15miles away), but sadly the nearest E85 station is 35miles away.

http://www.greenfuels.co.uk/conversion_kits.htm £460+ fitting, the cheapest potential BHP increase ever...

Pros:

Cheap conversion,

Increased power,

Carbon offset,

Infinite supply,

Possible tax savings,

Could farm your own ;)

Cons:

Not enough refilling stations,

Less mpg,

Injectors need regular cleaning,

Fuel filters need replacing more often,

And general maintenance needs to run like clockwork.

Dont give me that :tsktsk: argument about chopping down the rainforests or taking up foodland, theres plenty of land, distribution is just wrong.

well if ur willing to show before and after dyno sheets then fair enough, otherwise quoted figures are worthless. Its like me saying, i changed this part/put this part on the car that has had results beofre and now i have loads more power but cant prove it though.

i know that the octane is higher i am sceptical on your previous claim of 260hp/20% increase

i think u see where i am going?

Rob, i'll do before and after dyno sheets ;) if anyone wants to contribute towards them let me know?

I'm gonna try booking in a dyno session at before the end of this month.

• 1 year later...

Doesn't ethanol damage engines?

Read "The Great Ethanol Scam" by Ed Wallace on Business Week Online.

On Jan. 16 of this year, Lexus ordered a massive recall of certain 2006 to 2008 models, including the GS Series, IS and LS sedans. According to the recall notice, the problem is that "Ethanol fuels with low moisture content will corrode the internal surface of the fuel rails." In layman's terms, ethanol causes pinpoint leaks in the fuel system; when leaking fuel catches your engine on fire, that's an exciting way to have your insurance company buy your Lexus. Using ethanol will cost Toyota untold millions.

i was looking at a new dodge ram that you could run on E85/Petrol

although cheaper, the truck actually used more fuel and the price difference, especially over here, made it not really a worthwhile selling point....plus the Ram has too much plastic inside

well if ur willing to show before and after dyno sheets then fair enough, otherwise quoted figures are worthless. Its like me saying, i changed this part/put this part on the car that has had results beofre and now i have loads more power but cant prove it though.

i know that the octane is higher i am sceptical on your previous claim of 260hp/20% increase

i think u see where i am going?

Bike magazine ran a feature over a couple of issues earlier this year. They took a standard Triumph Daytona 675 and fiddled with it until it ran properly on ethanol. It took a lot of fiddling (a new ECU so they could fully adjust the fuelling, and it needed a new injector setup that could deliver double the amount of fuel) but it certainly bumped up the power considerably. The main problem was that fuel consumption rocketed to the point that the standard fuel tank would have been hopeless!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links