Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Window Problem

Hi there, can anyone help me with a problem that I am facing with my 04 RX300. Last week I had a flat Battery that I fixed by having a jump start (not sure if this is relevant but the problem occurred after this). Now I find that the 'auto' drop on the electric windows doesn't work - the windows go up and down but not all the way down or up in an 'auto' fashion. Also, the drivers side switches do not operate the other windows in the car.

Can anyone provide advice as to how I can fix this?

Hi there, can anyone help me with a problem that I am facing with my 04 RX300. Last week I had a flat battery that I fixed by having a jump start (not sure if this is relevant but the problem occurred after this). Now I find that the 'auto' drop on the electric windows doesn't work - the windows go up and down but not all the way down or up in an 'auto' fashion. Also, the drivers side switches do not operate the other windows in the car.

Can anyone provide advice as to how I can fix this?

i can only tell you how it works in the RX400 but i think it will be the same in the RX300.

you have to reactivate this function by operating the windows from the switch at eacht door by moving it completly up and down. then it should work from the drivers door aswell. but have a look at the owners manual, the procedure is described there.

Williz, Top Man!

I've just fixed it using the technique you suggested. What an unusual 'feature', does anyone know why on earth this is necessary?

Cheers, Stu

I had similar problem after disconnecting the Battery. Sunroof didn't work either. Had to be reset by Lexus dealer when car was in for service.

does anyone know why on earth this is necessary?

It is a safety feature. The car has to know where the fully open and closed positions are so that it knows when there is something else obstructing it at some point in between, i.e. a childs head or something. It then knows it is not at fully closed and will stop the window for obstructions. This has been the same for any car i have had with the auto close feature, BMW, Rover (even cheap cars care about kids heads :lol: ) etc.

does anyone know why on earth this is necessary?

It is a safety feature. The car has to know where the fully open and closed positions are so that it knows when there is something else obstructing it at some point in between, i.e. a childs head or something. It then knows it is not at fully closed and will stop the window for obstructions. This has been the same for any car i have had with the auto close feature, BMW, Rover (even cheap cars care about kids heads :lol: ) etc.

Cool, that makes sense. I must try the sunroof come to thing about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links