Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good, Independent Garage In Surrey ?

HI Everyone,

Few days ago I had a small accident :crybaby: and my front has to be fixed ( replaced ;) ).

Lexus Croydon ( Toyota ) gave a quote for £4'300 ! ! ! :shutit: ( Where labour was around £1600 )

I am looking for some good garage or after accident repair centre that could give me an independent quote.

If anyone could recommend one somwhere in Surrey / SW London :question:

THANKS!

4k...wtf, doesn't sound like a small accident to me.

Sorry, don't know of any garages in Surrey, but why aren't you going through your insurance? Did your accident involve another car? If so, whose fault was it? If its your fault, isn't your NCD protected, hence trying to pay for the repairs yourself? Or do you need an independent quote to pass onto your insurance company?

Small !!! accident ???

At 4.3K its worth losing any no-claims bonus anyway.....its never going to cost you that much extra.

If out of the 4300, only 1600 is labour - most your cost appears to be parts related - and guess you'll need Lexus parts for most if not all of that so poss not going to be able to save much.

Also - check the quote includes VAT - otherwise you could be looking at over the 5k mark.

How old is the car?

4k...wtf, doesn't sound like a small accident to me.

Sorry, don't know of any garages in Surrey, but why aren't you going through your insurance? Did your accident involve another car? If so, whose fault was it? If its your fault, isn't your NCD protected, hence trying to pay for the repairs yourself? Or do you need an independent quote to pass onto your insurance company?

It's lexus IS 300 2002. And yes it involved other car and it was my fault.

I will be going through the insurance but just this estimate looks unrealistic.

I have it on my emails and can send it to you with one or two pictures so you could have a look.

Small !!! accident ???

At 4.3K its worth losing any no-claims bonus anyway.....its never going to cost you that much extra.

If out of the 4300, only 1600 is labour - most your cost appears to be parts related - and guess you'll need Lexus parts for most if not all of that so poss not going to be able to save much.

Also - check the quote includes VAT - otherwise you could be looking at over the 5k mark.

How old is the car?

VAT is already included in 4300. Most expansive are both lights, bumper, bonet, reinforcement ... paint.

The worst part is that from the outside this damage dosen't look so bad and the car is completly drivable!

If you are claiming on insurance then why are you concerned about the cost? (or are you worried ins company will write off but you want to keep the car? - but even so - you could look at buying it back) Also - I'd prefer to have the work done at a dealer than an independent if given the choice.

I'm guessing the other vehicle involved also had a reasonable amount of damage too? - so by you saving a little would it make much difference to the overall payout?

Hi bashaga

I used the following garage for new cambelt, full service and front shock replacement on my IS200 2001 reg. & found them very good and competively priced.

I am not sure if they do bodywork repairs but sugest they are worth a call.

Albin B Motors Ltd, Unit 2b, Maybrey Works, 2, Worsley Bridge Road, London SE26 5AZ

Tel: 020 8650 7080

Email:albinbmotors@btconnect.com

just for comparison, someone hit my driver's door and wing in my old LS. Lexus charged insurance company 3500 quid to replace one wing, one driver's door, and to spray the wing, bonnet and door. That was in 2004!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links