Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flashing Brake Light

wildybeast

hello.just fitted a little black box from superlumination.com which makes my high level brake light flash rapidly for 2 seconds then stays on as long as you brake.looks great.dont know how pc plod will teke it. you need a led bulb for it to work.

Quite a few of us have these on the IS200

http://files.filefront.com/brakingmpg/;991...;/fileinfo.html

yep, should be legal. this mod cause the high level brake light to pulse, not the standard brake lights like in the video of lee's IS.

i had the pulsing brake lights on mine but took them off, wouldn't mind having the high level brake light pulse.

have you got a link for this unit??

think this is them??

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

noidea what size or spec would be needed.

in theory, these can be connected to any bulbs

Nah dont think there them, there to stop the light out lamp on the dash coming up i believe. and to stop them flashing too quick.

Stav

yep stav, that's correct mate. increases following driver reaction times.

these would look good on the high level brake light IMO or the standard brake lights, but using standard bulbs as the pulsing brake lights i had and many others, require load resistors and are not very bright in comparison to the standard rear sidelights.

:offtopic: interesting idea on the indicators stav....

Thats the ones! group buy anyone?

Stav

Off topic, you mean the ones in my garage mate?

yep.

just had a browse and saw them. interesting idea, not 100% sure on them yet, a couple other pictures would be good mate (get snapping and uploading :whistling: )

would these pulse modules need load resistors also??

the other problem with the other pulse bulbs was that they work on a ball bearing mechanism, that sometimes doesn't trigger during heavy cornering or uneven surfaces etc. these look pretty good as long as its simple enough to do...

You'd have to change the Hign level light to an LED row though, though it'd work with the normal brake lights if youve changed them to LEDs and bought the dual circuit one.

It'd also work if youve done the brake fog mod with a single circuit one. Or a dual one if youve got your fogs working as sidelights as well.

If you understand what i mean.

Stav

yep.

just had a browse and saw them. interesting idea, not 100% sure on them yet, a couple other pictures would be good mate (get snapping and uploading :whistling: )

would these pulse modules need load resistors also??

the other problem with the other pulse bulbs was that they work on a ball bearing mechanism, that sometimes doesn't trigger during heavy cornering or uneven surfaces etc. these look pretty good as long as its simple enough to do...

I'll take a couple more snaps tomorrow.

As for the flashers, yeah these look good cause they work all the time not just under heavy braking. cant see any reason why theyd be illegal either.

Stav

now thats a belting idea!!!

right, here goes, what would i need if i want my fogs to pulse when i brake?? i have them wired just as fog-to-brake (i.e only come on when i press on the anchors), but they are standard filament bulbs.

any ideas mate??

also, how easy would they be to wire up, i'm not a electricwizardry guru like yourself mr stav...

Thats simple mate, you have them wired to come on when you brake, the brake signal come through a diode? yes?

So all you need is the single circuit one, cut the wire coming from your normal brakes to the diode, use it to join the wire back together (the right way round) and voila!

Though if you had LED lamps in the normal brakes, then just buy the dual circuit one, wire it in before you wire links off to the fog/brake mod, and it'll control all of them.

Though looking at the wiring diagrams you'll prob need two (one for each side) whereas if your just doing the fogs you only need one cause if you remember you only nick one source for both fogs

stav

yep, got a diode and a length of wire and thats it i think.

its the fogs i want to pulse, not the standard brakes

so i'd need white LED's for the fogs also?? any idea on size??

i presume the LED's will fit in the existing fog bulb holder?

then i just need one?? or two?? of these modules??

fancy getting some of these with me stav to save on postage?? could get my dad to sort it fromover there and sens them to us himself as it'll be cheaper than direct from the company (i would think)

Just updated my top post mate,

So you dont have LED fogs yet? Have a look at Aztecs thread and see what you need for them and order some off the same site?

Yeah i'll get some with ya, i'll pm ya.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links