Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Planning on travelling to the UK next weekend to purchase a '98 GS300 but really confused about the values of these cars - I'm interested in a few SE examples (Would really love Navigator though) with between 110k and 130k miles for between 2.5k and 3k but I see '98 examples with similiar (Or slightly less) mileage for anything up to 6k :tomato:

Am I attempting to buy too cheap or are there just some really over priced models around? - I already have a 4 legged dog and don't need a 4 wheeled dog :winky:

My reason for buying a '98 is the cheap import tax!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Damo.

Prices have fallen, but a good 1998 model should be worth around £4k. Buyers are difficult to find so some people are cutting prices, whilst others don't want to believe prices have dropped and are being too optimistic.

Check out www.whatcar.co.uk for a valuation.

Thanks for the reply!

It'd be a lot easier if I could just go see a few cars and see what they're like but because of the distance involved I really have to find the right car and then go get it....

Have started considering uping my investment to a year 2000 model as seen a nice one in Lancashire which leads to my next question - certain parts of the UK are worse than others for Salted roads and, hence, rust problems (I've had a few ex Uk cars with rusted calipers) - how would Lancashire (Blackburn) rate in this - would it be better or worse than other areas?

Thanks again everyone!

Damo.

Thanks for the reply!

It'd be a lot easier if I could just go see a few cars and see what they're like but because of the distance involved I really have to find the right car and then go get it....

Have started considering uping my investment to a year 2000 model as seen a nice one in Lancashire which leads to my next question - certain parts of the UK are worse than others for Salted roads and, hence, rust problems (I've had a few ex Uk cars with rusted calipers) - how would Lancashire (Blackburn) rate in this - would it be better or worse than other areas?

Thanks again everyone!

Damo.

OK, don't answer this question now because.....

I'm after putting a deposit on the 00, flights booked and going to collect it on Saturday :winky:

Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed when I see it!

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks again everyone!

Damo.

I'm after putting a deposit on the 00, flights booked and going to collect it on Saturday :winky:

Hello

Good luck with your purchase, sure you will enjoy the drive

cheers

probsat

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks again everyone!

Damo.

Hello

cheers

probsat

Thanks!!

Fairly nervous to be honest - really hoping it's the right one :-)

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks again everyone!

Damo.

Hello

cheers

probsat

Thanks!!

Fairly nervous to be honest - really hoping it's the right one :-)

Now the proud owner of a late 2000 GS300 SE Navigator Facelift :-))

Very tired as only got back lunch time today (Sunday) after leaving late Friday night - was a VERY long trip but well worth it!

Car is in amazing condition, 95k miles, FLSH, just needs new ball joints and updated sat nav dvd!

These cars are absolutely unbelievable - How other manufacturers manage to sell cars I can't imagine....

Really suprised at the power, gonna have trouble keeping my license with this car - GS430 must be truely frightning?!?!?!

I've always had reservations just after buying cars, wondering if I've done the right thing, but now I know I'll never drive anything other than a Lexus :-)

080407as6.th.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links