Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing Mirror Prob

hope someone can help me out here i have just found i have a problem with my passangers side wing mirror

i dont know how long it has been a problem as today was the first time since getting the car i needed to move it

the problem is i cannot move the mirror via the buttons on the drivers door the drivers side moves fine and the close button works on both mirros so both mirros close when the button is pressed

i also think but stand corrected both mirrors are on the same fuse so if it was a fuse they both wordnt work or close

i need some help here guys & girls because its annoying me like hell

thanks

Whilst trying to position the mirror (angle) can you hear the motor working?

Try pressing the glass into the housing as it may of come loose for some reason.

I think he's on about the whole mirror folding in mate,

The motor could be worn, or the mirror may have been smashed off at somepoint and not refitted properly.

Stav

Try pressing the glass into the housing as it may of come loose for some reason.

The motor could be worn, or the mirror may have been smashed off at somepoint and not refitted properly.

Stav

NO M8...the close button works on both mirrors,which indicates the motor is working to fold them in, its the mirror positioning he cant do!!

both mirros close when the button is pressed

im on about the glass moving

the mirror will fold in like usual when you press the button for it to fold in and out but cannot move the glass via the control

i no for certain it has worked but it aint now

when i try move it you cant hear anything but then again i cant hear anything from the drivers side but that works fine

Stav

If i've got my windows down i can hear the motor move when i reposition the angle of the mirror, it sounds like it needs snapping back on.

how would i go about doing that i have tried pushing the glass (first thing i tried) but didnt work

Ah i get you now,

Maybe take the selection switch apart and check the terminals aren't dirty?

Stav

might have to have a look at that and hope its an easy fix dont fancy taking door cards off myself as ive hears they are a pain and also dont fancy a nice hefty lexus bill

You have to be quite forceful with it with firm pressure, failing that remove mirror and see if any wires have come off.

Maybe that part of the mirror is broke? im sure you can position it by hand if necessary as you'll hear it click when pressing on the corners of the glass.if that dont work then its a new/2nd hand mirror im afraid.

dont fancy taking door cards off myself as ive hears they are a pain and also dont fancy a nice hefty lexus bill

Its not that bad.

Dont you get to the mirror by taking the tweeter(speaker) cover off...i cant remember.

not too sure maybe you can ill have a look tomorrow afternoon when it light and post up any findings

wing mirror removal from the body of the car is easy to .heres a guide courtesy of Geoffers-very easy step by step(thanks geoffers).Im crap when it comes to stuff like this and it only took me 15 mins to remove the entire mirror following this guide.the wing mirror glass is stuck onto a white piece of plastic which controls the mirror angle,it has four screws holding it in place and behind the white plastic there two little black boxes of electrics located behind it.Ive recently dismantled wing mirrors from my IS and its easy enough to strip until you get to the boxes of electrics.They seem to be sealed shut and i tried everything to get them open but got nowhere.I dont know what to suggest as far as the repair is concerned but hopefully you can have a little play with them and hope its something obstructing the white plastic plate as opposed to an electrical fault.Perhaps Geoffers could help you more as he is an electronics guru on the forum.Perhaps send him a PM before you start surgery.One thing ive found is that once you get past the main box ,all parts are quite delicate so be careful and make sure you have the correct tools before you start or youll do what i did and kill the screw heads by using an oversized tool,stopping me from putting the bugger back together properly.good luck.

http://www.geoffh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ima...rror/mirror.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links