Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

Today I was in the petrol station paying for the petrol, when what looked like a very new Lexus pulled onto the forecourt, then drove off again. It had no branding on the car, but had a badge of a puma or some similar cat on it.

It looked like a cross between an Lexus IS-f and a Lexus LS460. It had a crome grill (bently style) but was so definately a Lexus.

It was black with cream leather and looked like the nicest car I have ever seen.

Any idea what it was?

It was in South County Dublin, Ireland.

Sounds like one of the new Jaguar XF models? Especially with that cat badge on it...

I am really disappointed to say that you are correct... I looked at the JAG web-site and that is what it is... WOW, it looked super amazing, but so like a Lexus...

Perhaps it looked so good as it was an enigma on the forecourt and didn't slow down or stop, it was brand new and all shiny black...

Oh well, I learned something today, thanks for the quick response.

Don't be too disappointed, they really are beautiful cars...

Yes but built by Ford....

Not any more - they sold it to an Indian company, Tata. That's the same firm that makes the Nano - it sells for £1,300 equivalent in India . . . . . :yahoo:

If you think the Ford reputation damaged jag, just watch what happens with Tata...

If anyones ever driven a Tata you'll know what I mean!!!!

The XF is a gorgeous car...

Wasn't it designed by the same guy who initiated the design for the DB9...Ian Callum?? The Aston was finished off by Henrik Fisher, but Callums influence shows in both cars.

I like the review by Jay Leno... http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_...icle3051325.ece

If not the Jag it could have been the new Mondeo!

Check out the Jag website and the Mondeo site, put the pictures side by side and you will see what I mean. The Jag does look cool but it's no Lexus . . . more like a Ford!!!

I have a very low opinion of Jag's. Anyone I know who has had one has said it spent more time in the garage being repaired than it did on the road. Not to mention the rust and general crappyness of them on all fronts!

Anyway, I know some people love them, I sure don't. But man, that XF looked so hot. :(

I think it depends which model you get. In reality, quality improved hugely once Ford bought them - if you think Ford is bad, take a close look at the utter junk spewed out by Leyland!! Any Jags built in the last 5-10 years are as well made as anything else, especially the 'proper' Jags ie the XJ series. Don't forget we're looking down at it from a somewhat lofty position as Lexus is so well made! If you were used to Mercedes, for example, moving to Jaguar is more of a move sideways than down in terms of quality.

They always fare quite well in the JD Power surveys, so I think your assertation of 'general crappyness' isn't really borne out by the experiences of the bulk of the owners...

I think it depends which model you get. In reality, quality improved hugely once Ford bought them - if you think Ford is bad, take a close look at the utter junk spewed out by Leyland!! Any Jags built in the last 5-10 years are as well made as anything else, especially the 'proper' Jags ie the XJ series. Don't forget we're looking down at it from a somewhat lofty position as Lexus is so well made! If you were used to Mercedes, for example, moving to Jaguar is more of a move sideways than down in terms of quality.

They always fare quite well in the JD Power surveys, so I think your assertation of 'general crappyness' isn't really borne out by the experiences of the bulk of the owners...

Hi Mike, you are indeed right... Of-course my arrogance is inexcusable...

Saw another XF today and it was a beige colour, it did not look as well as the black one, and since comparing the XF to the Mondeo earlier, following a suggestion in this thread, I couldn’t help notice the unacceptable likeness… Although that makes less sense seeing as MR. DB9 is behind it!!!

Anyway, my brief affair with Jag is over and my Lexus forgives my wondering eye!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links