Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedo Sticking

hightone

hi my speed ometer keeps sticking at the top end speed i do and comes down very slowly when i stop it does then go to zero the milage keeps ticking up any advice thank you.
hi, try changing your speedo pick up sensor.your sensor is magnetic, and pick up all the iron filings from the gear-box B)

hi my speed ometer keeps sticking at the top end speed i do and comes down very slowly when i stop it does then go to zero the milage keeps ticking up any advice thank you.
hi, try changing your speedo pick up sensor.your sensor is magnetic, and pick up all the iron filings from the gear-box B)

Is that a simple job or how much at a garage thank you and where is best place to buy one cheers

HT.

Is that a simple job or how much at a garage thank you and where is best place to buy one cheers

HT.

hi,yes it is a simple job,but i need more details of your car,eg the make,year,auto or manu.then i can take u through and how to test your switch,maybe it just a clean. B)

HT.

hi,yes it is a simple job,but i need more details of your car,eg the make,year,auto or manu.then i can take u through and how to test your switch,maybe it just a clean. B)

HI It is S reg Alteza auto 1998 back end of that year think that it is a AS which is the same spec as IS thank you for your help.

cheers.

HT. :tomato:

HT.

HI It is S reg Alteza auto 1998 back end of that year think that it is a AS which is the same spec as IS thank you for your help.

cheers.

HI,jack up the drive wheels,remove connector from switch,start the car,and put in 3rd gear,put a ohms meter across terminals,and read off the ohms,u should get 16-17,0 ohms at idle speed in 3rd gear,if not ,the switch is ######.Idon't think it's the gauge,they never go wrong.hope this helps B)

HT.

cheers.

HI,jack up the drive wheels,remove connector from switch,start the car,and put in 3rd gear,put a ohms meter across terminals,and read off the ohms,u should get 16-17,0 ohms at idle speed in 3rd gear,if not ,the switch is ######.Idon't think it's the gauge,they never go wrong.hope this helps B)

Hi will i know what the switch looks like it is auto so what about 3rd gear cheers

thank you for your help.

HT

HT.

cheers.

Hi will i know what the switch looks like it is auto so what about 3rd gear cheers

thank you for your help.

HT

hi,after jacking the car,pull the plugs 1 by 1,and see which plug controls the speedo, and about 3rd, :shutit: after D or drive u should 3 2 1 . U have P .R .N .D.3 .2 .1,by saying 3rd is so that the g/box don't go into high gear or runing gear.if u only have 2 and 1 then u should have a overdrive button then put it in 2nd.all the best B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links