Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hey,

I was testing out the standard alarm so tried the dead locks... which i cant get working :shutit:

i've locked it, then pressed the lock again at which point it will flash again and i can hear the locks make a sound. but the doors open anyway...

is there a delay like the alarm? (once the red light goes away) the dead locks activate?

how do you guys/gals get them to work?

thanks!

shake

Is the GS perhaps like the IS and the locking system changed at some point? Have you tried just pressing the lock button once and then checking whether the doors open from the inside?

On early IS cars, the first press deadlocked, second press removed the deadlocks.........

Thats because you are in the car, some how the car knows you are in there and will not activate the deadlocks for safety reasons.

Get out of the car, put one of the windows down, deadlock the car, wait 30secs or so, then try to undo the door by leaning inside the car and using the leaver. you should find the deadlocks are activated.

HTH

Paul

ahh that might work.

clever cars! on another matter.... when driving during the dark(ish) the lights will automatically come on. but when going through a bright tunnel they stay on? how does the car know i will need them on the other side? the time? (and i mean very bright tunnel)

Thats because you are in the car, some how the car knows you are in there and will not activate the deadlocks for safety reasons.

Get out of the car, put one of the windows down, deadlock the car, wait 30secs or so, then try to undo the door by leaning inside the car and using the leaver. you should find the deadlocks are activated.

HTH

Paul

Isn't the alarm sensing the fob? If you get in and get someone else to lock it from the fob it should work also??

HTH

Paul

Isn't the alarm sensing the fob? If you get in and get someone else to lock it from the fob it should work also??

The front seats have sensors for the seat belt warning lights, maybe these sensors are used to detect if someone is in the front or not?

Dunno about the back tho

HTH

Paul

theres a sensor on the seat

yup and no joy :(

will set the alarm off though.

locked it once and waited.... sets the alarm off

locked it twice and waited.... sets the alarm off

:(

Sorry if this is a dumb question but have you looked in the manual?

How old is your car? Perhaps early GS cars didn't have deadlocks?

good point actually. i'll have to dig it out once the work in the house is finished, unless someone can check their manual?

i would be gutted if the gs didnt come with deadlocks. mines a 1999 sport

ahh that might work.

clever cars! on another matter.... when driving during the dark(ish) the lights will automatically come on. but when going through a bright tunnel they stay on? how does the car know i will need them on the other side? the time? (and i mean very bright tunnel)

I suspect the tunnel isn't that bright, it just seems it because your eyes are used to the dark. The sensors deal with absolute light levels, not relative.

Tunnel lights are normally turned down at night for this reason, and up again during the day to make them closer to the ambient light outside.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but have you looked in the manual?

How old is your car? Perhaps early GS cars didn't have deadlocks?

good point actually. i'll have to dig it out once the work in the house is finished, unless someone can check their manual?

i would be gutted if the gs didnt come with deadlocks. mines a 1999 sport

PM Maneesh, he will know as he has/had a 99 sport

Really? I've found mostly european cars have the deadlocking system whereas Jap cars don't. Does anyone know if the LS400 has the deadlocking system on the mark 3?

all my previous cars are jap(bar 1 saab 900) even that had dead locks.

surely the ls has dead locks... it would be like a s class not having air bags!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links