Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I noticed a similar problem yesurday a large patch of the leather is starting to ware off and crease on the drivers side not good really as she's only 2 yrs old I doubt i'll get anything under warrenty though with 66K on the clock

It all depends whether or not it's deemed a manufacturing fault or fair wear and tear. I'm assuming the bit ot the seat that is worn is the bolster on the outside edge of the back of the driver's seat. This part of any seat always takes the most wear and is the first to show signs of damage from jeans, belts etc. A friendly word with your dealer will probably result in them doing something about it - either new seat cover or recommended repair.

Mine has been in and out of local dealer, noticed that the side bolster was cracking and asked them to sort it.

Did their best and they had to battle with Lexus, eventually replacedthe bottom half of the seat.... Not impressed as the side bolster is on the top half... Oh well another 2 months waiting on the top part...

Bottom line is they will replace it but it costs circa £1300 so the dealer needs to get authorisation from Lexus. Take photo's pass them to the dealer so they in turn can forward them onto lexus. You will need to wait a bit for authorisation then for the part to get shipped from Japan..

Hopefully your car will come back in one piece, not all scratched and have to go to the bodyshop.... About to go off on a rant so will stop now!!! :angry::baaa:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links