Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bit of a story but please read on. I purchased my Cadoxton Slate 250 Auto from Lexus Cambridge just over a year ago. 13 months & 8000 miles old. It was like new except for a stone chip on the leading edge of the roof which when collected had been touched up & my new baby just shone. Having just shelled out 320 notes for its 2 year service I asked them to comment on the stone chip repair that now has a bloom spreading out under the original paintwork. Both the service manager & the senior salesman both looked & tutted & said the manager would have to make a decision but of course was not available. That was a month ago & even after phone calls am still waiting a reply. Now here is the kicker to this story, when booking in the service I ordered a touch up repair kit which on arrival was told the kits had been withdrawn & a month down the line non still available. Cambridge also claim they don't know the reason for the withdrawal. Beginning to wonder if there is something in the touch up paint which is leaching out under the original paint. Anyone heard anything out there?

I just bought a new touch up paint kit for Cadoxton Slate a week or so ago. It's a new type. The old ones were like the Audi/BMW ones with a wire brush tip to the colour bottle. The new ones have a slightly abrasive pad instead that you use to flush down the dab of paint before adding the clear coat. I've not noticed any problems with it.

hi its all too do with the new water based paint wich has become law, the pad on the top of the new touch ups allows you too smooth the paint when the pad is damp, the celulose paint touch up are being fased out. paint shops are spending thousands on the new water based systems as its now becoming law, hope this helps,

I just bought a new touch up paint kit for Cadoxton Slate a week or so ago. It's a new type. The old ones were like the Audi/BMW ones with a wire brush tip to the colour bottle. The new ones have a slightly abrasive pad instead that you use to flush down the dab of paint before adding the clear coat. I've not noticed any problems with it.

Sounds like I'm getting the run around by Cambridge. Can you tell me the dealer you got it from so I can quote when I phone them once again.

hi its all too do with the new water based paint wich has become law, the pad on the top of the new touch ups allows you too smooth the paint when the pad is damp, the celulose paint touch up are being fased out. paint shops are spending thousands on the new water based systems as its now becoming law, hope this helps,

Helps a lot. All I've got them to do now is get Cambridge to repair the original.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links