Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've noticed that my clutch is quite noisy when running at low speeds and when changing gear in the low rev band, this is my first diesel that I've owned so I'm unsure whether this is normal or not. Anyone else got similar noise before I go to the dealership and ask? I'm aware diesels are more noisy than petrol engines, but is it the same with clutch workings? I blame the test drive of the IS250 while the car was having the 5th injector replaced. Such a quiet car.

I've noticed that my clutch is quite noisy when running at low speeds and when changing gear in the low rev band, this is my first diesel that I've owned so I'm unsure whether this is normal or not. Anyone else got similar noise before I go to the dealership and ask? I'm aware diesels are more noisy than petrol engines, but is it the same with clutch workings? I blame the test drive of the IS250 while the car was having the 5th injector replaced. Such a quiet car.
can you give more detail on clutch noise,and have you any clutch judder.

can you give more detail on clutch noise,and have you any clutch judder.

No noticable judder. The noise is hard to describe but starts as soon as the pedal is depressed at lowish revs. It's more prominent in 1st and 2nd gears. When the pedal is released the noise stops?

I just noticed mine has a similar noise. You can only notice it on 1st and 2nd gear, and it happens as soon as the clutch is fully depressed. Mine is a 220D Sport, and only has 450 miles on it. If you find out something let me know please. I'll contact my dealership as well.

I just noticed mine has a similar noise. You can only notice it on 1st and 2nd gear, and it happens as soon as the clutch is fully depressed. Mine is a 220D Sport, and only has 450 miles on it. If you find out something let me know please. I'll contact my dealership as well.

Will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Will do.

I can finally take no more with the clutch noise and have booked the car in for the start of next week. They want me to go on a test drive with a technician to demonstrate the noise. Watch this space.

Will do.

I can finally take no more with the clutch noise and have booked the car in for the start of next week. They want me to go on a test drive with a technician to demonstrate the noise. Watch this space.

I can't take no more full stop. Had enough of the vibrations and rattles this diesel engine causes. I am changing for a 250 auto if they give me a good deal, if not then I'll cut my losses and go german! The only good thing to come out of ownership is that because I spend so much on fuel, I can swap to a petrol car and not notice the difference in my pocket! :lol:

Will do.

I can't take no more full stop. Had enough of the vibrations and rattles this diesel engine causes. I am changing for a 250 auto if they give me a good deal, if not then I'll cut my losses and go german! The only good thing to come out of ownership is that because I spend so much on fuel, I can swap to a petrol car and not notice the difference in my pocket! :lol:

I have to admit I went back to my local Volvo dealership yesterday afternoon to see what was on the horizon. The S60 may not be getting replaced at all. Volvo are thinking the S40, S60 and S80 is too narrow a spread to have three models in it. The option they're toying with is a bigger S40. It'd get my vote.

Will do.

I have to admit I went back to my local Volvo dealership yesterday afternoon to see what was on the horizon. The S60 may not be getting replaced at all. Volvo are thinking the S40, S60 and S80 is too narrow a spread to have three models in it. The option they're toying with is a bigger S40. It'd get my vote.

I do miss my D5 S60! Drive it full pelt everywhere and still get high forties! Thing is the IS has the nicest interior by far, think lexus dropped the ball, should've developed their own 6 cyl diesel. That may have made the 250 redundant tho!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links