Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Parking Sensor Won't Turn Off

Jumped into car to drive home. I have been parked where I often park. Quite hot weather, but no more than other times. When in "Drive", and either stationary or doing less than 20mph, the parking sensor warning is telling me I have something in range at the front of the car. I have wiped the sensors (with my fingers) and there is nothing stuck to them. I have turned the engine off and on. I have turned the sensor system off and on.

Any suggestions

TudorDoc

Sounds to me like a faulty sensor. If you know where the control box for the sensors is you could disconnect then reconnect each one until you find one which stops beeping when you unplug it. Walking round the car should then identify which one it is (one of the sensors will now appear to be "blind" and not notice you in front of it).

Or you could just get the dealer to fix it under warranty and let them figure out which one's gone.

Jumped into car to drive home. I have been parked where I often park. Quite hot weather, but no more than other times. When in "Drive", and either stationary or doing less than 20mph, the parking sensor warning is telling me I have something in range at the front of the car. I have wiped the sensors (with my fingers) and there is nothing stuck to them. I have turned the engine off and on. I have turned the sensor system off and on.

Any suggestions

TudorDoc

Hi, u can turn them off on your drop down control panel on the right hand side on the dash.The switch is marked with P ((((( which is only for the front parking sensors B)

It probably is a faulty sensor but check them for muck / leaves / dead flies. I had one go off when it had a bug splat on it and another when there was a gob of Car Polish stuck to it. Suggest you give them a good clean and see what happens.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links