Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fiber Glassing Tips

im going to be starting my new boot install over the next couple of days and was wondering if anyone has had some dealings with fibre glass,as ive never worked with it can anyone give me some tips like how many layers that are needed etc

this is what im going to be taking a fibre glass mould of

DSC01200.jpg

thanks in advance guys

Just been having a search on ask.co.uk and there are a few topics on fibreglass techniques to have a read through, Here's one i found with a good walk through on building enclosures for the front footwells but would think the same type of thing would be used for anything you want to make? CLICK ME!! :D

just make sure you use plenty of masking tape so that the resin does not soak through and cover everything you can in a thick sheet to not get resin on any part of the car you don't want it on. also make sure you use a good mold release wax and it should be all good.

i done the same thing on mine and created a mold from ther same piece :whistling:

just make sure you use plenty of masking tape so that the resin does not soak through and cover everything you can in a thick sheet to not get resin on any part of the car you don't want it on. also make sure you use a good mold release wax and it should be all good.

i done the same thing on mine and created a mold from ther same piece :whistling:

where do i get the mould release wax from

where do i get the mould release wax from

maguires do some, or you can use a furniture wax but the maguires stuff is pretty dam good, try eBay is probably the cheapest option.

i used the original panels and molded the ice into them........................

registry_mod-2496-1189883950.jpg

im not 100%on what ur doing but i was going to do a boot install at some point. to be honest you dont need to use the matting that is supplied with the kit. you could stretch material over things and apply the resin on to that.

say for instance u wanted to make a stealth sub box, i personally would get a piece of material and clip it underneath the boot rubbers and stretch it then apply the resin to that. its hard to explain.

from what i make out would it be an idea to get another one of them trim panels and just pust the resin direct onto that?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links