Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Job On Is200, Good And Bad

Well i though i do some work on my IS200 today being my day off, and it went good and also bad.... :( :D :( :D

1/ I tried to replace the clear tail light, everything went ok till i put the clear tail light on, it fit but have a big gap on 1 side, and the new red bulb dont fit the blubs holder, dont know why, any of you guys who done this have any problem? my is make in Taiwan, may be that the reason? and where do you guys got your from?

2/ tried to de-badge my sport grille, everything went well till i try to get it out, couldnt think which way to pull or to push, ;) hehe, so i give up...

3/ got one of those red antenna to replace the black ulgy standard one, it fit, i though great, then i took a look and think i will stick to the standard one, hehe, it look very bad....that all i can say... where can i get those short JDM antenna from guys?

4/ now come to gear knob, spend £53 on a Momo knob it look great, but because it not a screw on type like the standard one, you have to use hub screws to fit it onto the gear stick, and by the time you screw on the cover at the bottom of the knob, it left a big gap between it and the gear gaiter... :angry::angry: boy not very good day today...

5/ now final job, fitting the JDM Dash tray, and at last i got this fitted on without too many problems... :D :P

so 5 things i tried today only 1 come out good, what a day.... hehehe :P :P :( :( :angry::angry:

now my 12 grooved front and rear disc is coming tomorrow, and TDI induction kit soon, at least they will be fitted by the Pro, damn i forgot i got the 4 caliper to paint yet.... CRY :P ;)

is that arkwright's shop I see on your avatar? N. Yorks, hmm,

's far as I see you're parked outside N-Nurse Ger-Gladys Emanuelle's house

wer-watch her mother doesn't catch you.

cher-cheeky monkey

Madder than Smarties

I've had the same problem with the tail lights.

The lamps included are ideed japan and in Japan the lights are used for brake lights, that why they don't fit I guess.

Just get your standard lamp the a tuning shop (or so) and buy red similar ones or paint them red with "lamp-paint" like I did.

Greetz

Tim

I really know the feelings about the mods :D .

I'm now working on my last one actually. Will post pics whens its done.

Maybe some day I'll do engine mods :whistling: .

Hey man, I really like the colour of you car :P :D ;) .

Greetz

Tim

Thank Tim, i love the color too, but if you look close up, it had a lots of stone chips, im hoping to get it re-spray with Filp paints after i get the new body kit sorted out, but this will be a while yet, got the ICE install to be done end of this month.... ack overtimes , overtimes....( to save cash for this work, hehe :lol: )

BTW what is your last mod on your car mate? something big? hope to see it soon.... :D

greetings earth people..

now.. i would like to get a sports grille. one of the black mesh ones. i would like to know the normal things - who makes them? how much (roughly)?, where to purchase them? etc... etc.. etc.. TIA B)

Maz, i see that you say in ur sig that ur body kit is the factory one? can u tell me how it is different from the others that are available. e.g. the TRD ones etc.. does the factory kit generaly cost less? i like the look of it. ur rims look the dogs sacks too!!

cheers!

Paul

hiya Paul, the sport grille and the body kit i got is all from Lexus Dealer when i got my car, Grille is about £230, and the body kits is £650 ( that front and rear bumper skirt, and boot spoiler ), side skirt is £285, note price may be different from dealer to dealer if you can get them to sell to you cheaper, hehe...

as with my rims, they are Blitz Technospeed Z1 in gold, they are £670 each from Racelogic 01280-823803 size is 18x7 front, 18x8.5 back... hope this help mate... :lol::lol:

cheers Maz!!

i dont like the look of standard IS200's front end.. looks so round n gay.

would like to just get the front spoiler but i spose that would look even more gay if it was put on without the rest of the body kit....................or would it??? ;)

bloody expensive aint it!!!! :ph34r:

thanks

Paul

p.s. - anyone know why im not allowed to upload and use my own Avatar?? :( :crybaby:

Hey Paul, you think that expensive? they are body kits from US and Japan which is even more expensive than the Lexus one, the new body kit that im after from Japan is even worst, goin to cost me £2600 + Fitting and Painting ( have to mention that this kit im after is not from 1 company, it like a spolier here, and side skirt there, hehehe, think the whole kit is from 4 different companies, hehe :D :D )

Wow Tim, Your car look cool, do you have any Pictures of it in the Gallery? would love to see it more clearly, :D :D

Hehe Paul, it will be a long while before i can have the body kits yet, got Ice install, and other mods first, so a lonnnnng way to go, hehe :D :D

long while yet huh? good thing too... thats a lots of money to part with!!

what ICE have you got in it? all aftermarket?

im ready to do mine.. but i want to keep the factory head unit and just add an amp for the subs most likely via a line level convertor..

not that easy to ICE up a lexus... :duh:

Paul

Hi Paul, this is what im goin to have....

Alpine TME-M790 F1 7" Screen

Alpine CDA-7998 Pantom face Head unit

Alpine CHA-S634 6 disc changer

Phoenix Gold Titanium 4Ch amp

Phoenix TIMx10 Capacitor

Veba AV2410 10 disc regional free DVD changer

possible Alpine DVD sat Nav

full boots build with Neon

Exide Maxxima 900DC deep cycle Battery

Clifford 600, and Tracker

want to retrim the seat too, but not sure yet , 3rd mortage coming....hehe :D :D :D

Here you can find some pics of my car on belgian meetings. You can see it change :D .

and I attached a good pic that I took on monday.

In the gallery between page 30 & 40 there are some pics of my ride and the interiour.

Do you have some pics of yours?

Greetz

Tim

post-50-1049385280.jpg

hehe Thank mate, i been working for the last 17 years without too many break, is only the last year or so that i get days off during the week, been work for like 7 days a week, for almost 16 years, hehe...yes i know im mad :yahoo: ... but got kid and wife to feed, and of course a car to mods... :whistling: Lol....

Now you guys know why i couldnt goto most of the Meet, running your own business tide you up so much, is not easy.. :sad: but at least i get fun out of driving my IS200, heheh :D :D

and Tim, i only got 5 pics of my car atm, is in the Is200 Gallery, page 63/64... but will be more pics once i get some more mods done... :D :D

Tomorrow i should get my TRD Fuel filler cap and number plate mounting screws, so i will get those done 1st..

then i hope to get those calipers painted next week, and also hope those Illuminated Scuff plates arrive in Lexus Leeds and get those fitted.

then will be off to my local tuner to fit the F/R 12 Groove Discs, GreenStuff pads, TDI induction kit ( when they arrive, been told 2 weeks waiting list atm ),6 piece Silicone hose set...

then is off to SQ+ in Manchester end of this months to get the boots install.... just hope everything go well....hehe :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links