Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Trip To Wim

Just got back from WIM, had 4 new tyres (goodyear F1's) and a geo setup. Bad news is that I need a new Track Control Arm so couldn't complete the setup.

Got to say, Tony and Mark are top blokes, they had time to explain things over rather than just do the job and grab the money.

Tony, thanks for explaining whats wrong with my car, I'll get the part as soon as and book it back in for fitting.

I must say, even though I only had the rears adjusted slightly, it feels a LOT more solid, less twitchy, I feel more in control of the car. I feel I can corner properly now. Not sure if it's the tyres, im sure is a comination of both. I can't wait to I get the fronts sorted and get rid of that twitchyness altogether!

I highly recommend anybody looking to get any alignment done, to get yourself to WIM. The setup they have there is pretty impressive. The guys are knowledgable, helpful and really do an excellent job.

Also met a couple of members there, nice meeting you guys! May see you there again :-)

Chi

Yep only got praise for WIM, top blokes offering great service..........

Which F1s did you get? The GSD3s or the new Asymmetrics? I recently fitted the asys and still haven't got over how good they are!

Yep only got praise for WIM, top blokes offering great service..........

Which F1s did you get? The GSD3s or the new Asymmetrics? I recently fitted the asys and still haven't got over how good they are!

I went for the Asymmetrics and so far so good, lot of grip.. i had the windows open on the way back, so can't quite make out how quiet they are, going out now so find out now. :-)

Good choice mate, the asymmetrics have been fantastic so far.......grip is amazing, but biggest difference for me has been the reduction in road noise, it's so much quieter on these than the Dunlops I used to have on....... :)

I thank you.

I think you will agree the chassis audit i did is pretty much conclusive for triangulation so the TCA is the criminal according to all the gathering we did.

As for the feel of the car.... You are correct. The OSR camber/toe needed attention "today" despite the fact the front was not available to correct... I had to dial out the incorrect forces at the rear so the car was safe until we can correct the front.

Like i said today, don't be to dishartened about the chassis positions, it "hasn't" been in a crash but it has felt the full force of our road condition.

I thank you.

I think you will agree the chassis audit i did is pretty much conclusive for triangulation so the TCA is the criminal according to all the gathering we did.

As for the feel of the car.... You are correct. The OSR camber/toe needed attention "today" despite the fact the front was not available to correct... I had to dial out the incorrect forces at the rear so the car was safe until we can correct the front.

Like i said today, don't be to dishartened about the chassis positions, it "hasn't" been in a crash but it has felt the full force of our road condition.

Tony, been trying to get the park, the two places you mentioned don't stock, so i may need to get it from lexus.

Do I need anything else, lower ball joints, bushes? or is just the arm? Sorry, not familiar with what that part comes with or what is needed for fitting.

Anyway, driving the car over roads which previous gave me big problems.. all of that has changed... no longer does it pull left and right, its how it should be...

smile is back on my face when driving...

Good choice mate, the asymmetrics have been fantastic so far.......grip is amazing, but biggest difference for me has been the reduction in road noise, it's so much quieter on these than the Dunlops I used to have on....... :)

yep, driving it yday night back home, and these tyres are great, fully recommend them. Haven't used the tyres in the wet, but im sure it will cope :-)

I thank you.

Tony, been trying to get the park, the two places you mentioned don't stock, so i may need to get it from lexus.

Do I need anything else, lower ball joints, bushes? or is just the arm? Sorry, not familiar with what that part comes with or what is needed for fitting.

Anyway, driving the car over roads which previous gave me big problems.. all of that has changed... no longer does it pull left and right, its how it should be...

All you need is the "track control arm".... It is the only component on the front that has a horizontal bushing..... If you have any problems ordering this part then call me and i will explain to them.

As for the change in handling.... I know mate, that's because i corrected the rear..... You have better things to come.

I thank you.

All you need is the "track control arm".... It is the only component on the front that has a horizontal bushing..... If you have any problems ordering this part then call me and i will explain to them.

As for the change in handling.... I know mate, that's because i corrected the rear..... You have better things to come.

Ok, thanks Tony, I'll do some more digging around, other than that Lexus.

I thank you.

I thank you.

Hello Chi

Tony sorted out my geometry and fitted four new F1s on Saturday (I was next after you, with the blue IS200 SE). I absolutely agree with the difference it makes; the steering feels 'sharper' but still is still 'neutral' when driving straight ahead. I think the F1s are quieter than the Bridgestone Potenzas I had before, but that is a very subjective judgement. It was almost a 200 mile round tirip, but I think it will be worth it. Tony's team are friendly and helpful, and it is really nice that you can walk around and see what is going on. Hope all goes well with your search for a track control arm. Kind regards

Martin K

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links