Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs Radio Wiring

I'm looking to replace the head unit in my Mk1 GS300 which has the factory amp and sub. I cannot find the loom adaptor needed though, I tried a amplified MR2 one, and although it does fit one of the plugs the power wires are in a different plug. The one that it did fit does have what I think are the signal wires to the amp but as the power wires are not correct I'm a little unsure if the signal wires will be. Anyone had any experience with this? If it comes to it then I'll run new wires down to the amp output but wanted to avoid it if possible.

All depends on the head unit I guess. If it has low level RCA outputs then you could use the amp, if not then you would have no choice but to bin the amp.

On mine, I cut the plugs off and put ISO connectors on at the head unit end as the head unit has ISO connetors. It also meant I could install the Parrot hands free kit easily as that is an ISO plug and play set up. I used the factory wiring to run the high level head unit outputs to the amp, and then bypassed the amp to feed back out to the factory wiring for the speakers. If you wanted to do something similar, I can document the wiring at the weekend and post it up. However, I didn't use factory connectors (although I have kept them all just in case I want to put them back on) so can't help specifically on sourcing factory fit connectors/adaptors.

Today I had a go at fitting my head unit, I wanted to keep the original amp in use if possible for two reasons 1 I'm lazy and didnt want to run new speaker wire or mess around rewiring the amp 2 to keep the factory sub and centre channel in use. This is what I did.

I left all original plugs connected and soldered ISO connector and RCA leads on, this way it can all go back to standard easy.

Blue plug

Black/Yellow - unknown

Red/Green - Amp Remote Turn On

Green - Illumination

Blue/Yellow - +12V Pemanent

Black/Orange - Unknown

Black/White - Electric Aerial Power

Red/Blue - Unknown

Brown - Unknown

White/Black - Ground

Grey - Ignition 12V

White Plug

Grey/Purple sleave

Purple - Rear Right +

Brown/White - Rear Right -

Green - * see note

Grey/Pink sleave

Pink - Rear Left +

Brown/Yellow - Rear Left -

Blue - *

Grey/Red sleave

Red - Front Left +

Brown/Red - Front Left -

Green - *

Grey sleave

Black - Front Right +

Brown/Black - Front Right -

White - *

In this plug apart from three wires they are in screened leads.

The three spare wires are Blue/Black, Red/White, Brown. I do notg know what these are for but did not seem to need them.

* The wires listed above with a * seem to do the same as the other wires listed as speaker +, I thought I would try with just the connections as done above and see how I got on, all seems well, sub and centre speaker as well as all door speakers work fine.

NOTE These listed as speaker wires are not high level, They are low level in to the amp, use these to join RCA leads on to and plug into the pre-outs of your head unit.

Grey Plug

Not needed, believe it is just cd changer control

Also made up a temporary facia panel till my mate has a chance to make up my proper one, which will go in when the double din head unit I want is available.

post-6279-1213558337.jpg

Good job mate. Looks like you sussed it before I posted up the wiring. Some info for you on the unidentified wires below.

Blue plug

Black/Yellow - unknown Antenna - to do with the antenna extending/retracting based on AM/FM and frequency

Red/Green - Amp Remote Turn On

Green - Illumination

Blue/Yellow - +12V Pemanent

Black/Orange - Unknown Antenna - to do with the antenna extending/retracting based on AM/FM and frequency

Black/White - Electric Aerial Power

Red/Blue - Unknown Mute control from the telephone transceiver Relay

Brown - Unknown Earth

White/Black - Ground

Grey - Ignition 12V

White Plug

In this plug apart from three wires they are in screened leads.

The three spare wires are Blue/Black , Red/White Mute feed from head unit to amp, Brown Earth to Amp. I do notg know what these are for but did not seem to need them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links