Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stone Chips

I park my car outside where i live which has a sloping grass bank, in the week the council came to cut the grass, i've now noticed the nearside of the car is covered in tiny chips! I'm SO angry and its ruined the car completely, ok you can't see it til your very close but not the point, the rear door is the worst totally covered with various size chips, looks like a bonnet after its lived through 100k motorway miles!

Do you think i should write a letter of complaint to the council, would it be worth it? i have parked all my cars there and my Lex since 2005, of course they always cut the grass, usually its just a few strands on the wheels or something, nothing like this! So angry and annoyed.

How much do someone like Chips Away charge for a repair like this?

Not good mate! i had a similar thing happen with my old Clio! just before i sold it :(

I would write to them and see wot they say! Kick up a fuss about it and they mite get something done?

Depending on the colour of your car and how bad the damage/ how many chips it could be expensive! A quick paint blow over might be easier and cheaper, or even a special paint/ Laquer with power polish like what we do at work can give amazing results! Not sure on how many places can do it though?

Tom.

My car is black, always detailing it and keeping it clean, it was only when i went to give the wheels a quick clean on Wed that i noticed a chip, i thought ah well, then another, and another! I suppose i've got nothing to lose by writing a letter, but what proof do i have? It obviously wasn't the grass but all the crap and gravel on the side of the the pavement.

Never really thought of what you suggest and i haven't really got the money right now either, (how much?) just fitted some late spec lights all round, HIDs and awaiting TTE bumper fitting, was going to get the chips on front end sorted at the same time.

Thought Chips Away would be cheaper than a body shop?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links