Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Answer's 48

Mike246

The answer is 48.

The question is how many miles will a GS go after the fuel light comes on before cutting out and the steering goes heavy. Even the satellite lady said ' You're fuel's run out. You are a plonker'. I didn't know it could do that. She did at least find me a 24 mile route to a petrol station which incidentially, was just 2 miles away.

Anyway, bought a can and a gallon to sort it out then out of conscience I though I would treat the old girl to something special, so brimmed up with Shell Optimax.

Now I know there has been discussion on the site about Optimax but wasn't really interested as petrol is petrol and I have been collecting the Tesco points for my retirement since the value of my self-administered pension went down the toilet. I was intrigued though, as a company like Shell would not make claims which were unsubstantiated.

The difference? Wow, it feels like my car's been decoked, chipped and on Pharmaton all in one go. Mid-range torque is significantly better and I'll bet that if I stuck to my usual driving it would return lower consumption to pay for the 23p per gallon premium. Even the satellite lady was impressed.

Totally agree,thought it might be purely psychological--but I am sure after one hefty outing

that the old girl is less thirsty and has more grunt !!(.........and the car is better too!)

Will try another tank or two to see if the optmism wears off! :shifty:

Nope, its not psychological. That's all in the past and my Probation Officer says that the capsules have that under control. The old girl now goes like the clappers.

The Lexus is pretty fast as well.

EVO mag (which is superb) did a report on Optimax a while ago. They examined the valves before and after 1500 miles and saw they were significantly cleaner after using Optimax (though, the article did seem a little commercially biased, which *sometimes* happens with EVO).

I run with Optimax whenever I can, though rarely seem to get more than a couple of tankfulls of pure Optimax.

Can't say the difference stands out but I'm sure it's better than supermarket petrol... my car isn't a shopping trolley and I won't treat it as such :)

Mind you, Optimax is a bit pricey!

Nige

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links