Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi! My first post!

I have an LS 400, upon which I have just replaced the nearside brake light bulb.

I notice that the tail lights and the brake lights both have twin filament bulbs, 21watt and 5 watt, and the wiring to activate both, however, only the upper lamp displays the tail lamp, and the lower one the brake lamp. I am assuming that it is wired to that the lamps can be activated differently for different countries, so that both bulbs can illuminate at 5w for the tail lights, and the 21 w filament illuminates with the brake lights. To me it makes more sense to have 4 tail lamps illuminated for safety purposes.

Does anyone know whether there is a relay or switch somewhere which activates this? (I've done a search on the forum but drawn a blank)

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to LOC.

There will be a way of doing what you suggest but it may need some rewiring to do so.

I have the Celsior import model and this has 6 rear lights,4 of which are dual filament tail/brake lights plus the parcel shelf brake light and the other 2 are also dual filament tail/ converted to rear fogs with a relay to switch them.( JDM cars do not require rear fog lights but to conform to UK spec they need to be fitted).

When I get the chance I will have a look at the wiring diagram to see if I can assist you.

I see your Yorkshire based, look out for LOC meetings held normally at Doncaster.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links