Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeeky Brakes Most Of The Time.....

Manc

Hi all

Yeah i know about cleaning the dust and having good pads, discs and shims but i just cant get rid of the noise

i know its just dust b'cos if i jet wash the wheel and aim at the pads lots of brake dust washes away - its ok for a few days, but it always comes back.

The car has been in the family for over 10 years now and my dad did have the same annoying thing and in the end he replaced all discs and pads all round at once - and yes it started again soon after.

I had the car 3 years now and I put up with it but its now "doin my 'ed in" cos the car is old and it is embarrassing when heads turn, no longer admiring an engineering masterpiece but thinking along the lines of 'ha what a shed' and drive off in their fiesta or whatever............... :blush:

I replaced the pads myself last time, just to have a look i think. Got new shims too and was pleasantly surprised how easy the job was (execpt pushing the pistons back of course lol).

I was chuffed to bits when the noise stopped for another week or so but :tsktsk: it comes back every time.

The pads are still at around half ok and im not a heavy breaker (compared to my mates driving - i know this...) and i always brake lightly and earlier b'cos i used to drive trucks.

So what on earth causes it and how can i stop this prolonged problem???????????

Anyone?

Please?

:blink:

Hi mate just take your pads out and put some copper slip inbetween the shim and the pad ...that may help it..

Cheers mate i will do - its the loudest sound the car has (except my tunes of course)

The reason being is that when you use hose/ power wash etc it gradually over time washes away the copper slip and can make your pads squeal like mad.

Thanks fella,

guess i gotta use elbow grease from now on then - or new alloys so i dont have to scrub as hard :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links