Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i got my cam belt changed a few months ago, and didnt realise that the cam belt tensioner "needed" chaning aswell?????, reason why i ask this is on tick over i get like a rattling sound coming from the front of the engine, not all the time just now and again, if i rev it up it goes, when its fast idling its not there either , the sound ,sounds like its an external noise not internal from the engine ... any ideas?

should . ive taken a pic from where it sounds like its coming

nope cant upload owt?????

No idea what a worn tensioner sounds like but you could take the top timing belt cover and have a listen. Should be obvious if it is coming from in the cover. Worth checking the bottom pulley (where the alternater belt goes round it) as that would've been removed to do the belt, so could be loose or damaged.

On the plus side, if the tensioner and/or belt does give out, the engine is a non-interference one so no damage will be done. Just put a new belt and tensioner on and away you go.

me neither fishy, and tbh i cant remember if the noise was there before i had the belt done now, reason why i said i "didnt realise that the cam belt tensioner "needed" chaning aswell", is there are a few cam belt kits , tensioner and belt together, on eBay, i think it just didnt click as ive never done the cam belt myself, ill ask about getting a tensioner from factors and getting it fitted or see Ubi and see if he thinks its coming from there :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links