Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Im Going Mad

please help if you can i have a constant squeal coming from the car it only happens once you get above 20MPH its driving me nuts its defo NOT the brakes any one had this problem ???

iv checked all the brakes front, back and the hand brake shoes its defo not them but it does sound like it thats the only way i can explain the sound

please help from a mechanic thats going mad

craig

Have you had new discs/pads fitted? Maybe its new pads/discs bedding in? Maybe not enough copper grease put onto the back of the new pads?

Could be a wheel bearing?

please help if you can i have a constant squeal coming from the car it only happens once you get above 20MPH its driving me nuts its defo NOT the brakes any one had this problem ???

iv checked all the brakes front, back and the hand brake shoes its defo not them but it does sound like it thats the only way i can explain the sound

craig

I reckon you've got a mouse trapped under the bonnet! (Sorry to be flippant).

Hope you get it sorted soon. Wouldn't be something simple like dust on the brakepads? Do the wheels need re-aligning?

craig

hi, i got my is200 just over a month ago, i have this same problem, i thought it was because it had new brakes at the rear, but they should have settled by now. It comes and goes, i think more so in the wet. it comes from the rear left wheel and is noiser when i am turning.

Does it sound like metal spinning against metal? i have had a guy look at it but he couldn't find anything.

Sounds like wheel bearing to me, best to take it to a garage get it up on ramps and a mechanic to have a listen. I had mine done this time last year cost about £160 mine sounded more clunky than squeeky but all are different but I defo noticed mine more in the wet.

sagor i had this problem if you take the rear disc off on the side that is making the noise the backing plate lip will be catching on the drum part of the disc this is the norm for non lex discs i put a post up when i did mine with pic's and what to do but cant find it if you have a look in the brake section you might find it.

i had the car up on ramps at the garage i use to work at an gave all this a check m8 il get it on the roller's at the garage and at least that way i can rule out the rear end

sagor i had this problem if you take the rear disc off on the side that is making the noise the backing plate lip will be catching on the drum part of the disc this is the norm for non lex discs i put a post up when i did mine with pic's and what to do but cant find it if you have a look in the brake section you might find it.

i had the car up on ramps at the garage i use to work at an gave all this a check m8 il get it on the roller's at the garage and at least that way i can rule out the rear end

thanks, i'll have a look. good luck with your search.

edit - i think this is the post, but there are no pictures, do you still have the guide?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=45725&hl=

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links