Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An Antenna Dilemma

Hey, I have a little problem with the antenna on my LS 400. You see the antenna seems to have rotten away and been severed. This is not a big problem except that you cant put a new antenna in because the remnaints of the old antenna are still intact. What would be the best method for trying to remove the problematic antenna? I've tried but its pretty deep down in the well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ideally you should re-tap it, using a tap & die set.

Basically it's a gizmo that is used to put a screw thread in a hole. i.e. you drill the hole and then stick in the appropriate tap, turn it a few times, and it threads the hole.

To re-thread a hole you need the correct size tap.

Failing that try and borrow one.

You could always clean the hole using a drill bit slightly smaller than the hole and glue the antenna back in...

there is a way to get aerial out,remove nut on top of aerial,in car ignition off,hold down mw and cd buttons on radio,ignition on,display shows ant and winds the aerial fully up,just remove aerial and core replace with new pole,about £30-00 from lexus,hold down mw and cd ignition off,aerial winds back in {might be a bit fiddley} replace nut,job done :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links