Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anyone Dared To Buy One Of Theses Yet?

I got something similar a year or so ago. Not as packed as this.

was a pain to get wired in had to get a £20 iso adapter and butcher it to get it working. And i needed the Audioleads double din facia at £20

When it did it worked great. TV, DVD and MP3.

After a week i took it out as the one i had wasnt touch screen and i couldn't change the colour scheme from blue to orange to make it fit in better with the dash lights.

I know its personal opinion but i honestly prefer the look of the standard unit in mine so i stuck with it.

edit: oh and i noted that its an analogue TV tuner not DVB so it wont work in a couple of years time when they switch off the Analogue tv signal.

....but just seemed cheap in areas

like the sound quality ? :o

If you bear in mind the huge amount o functions a no-name unit like this has, and compare it to

an equivalent branded unit, the branded unit will give better sound quality, & possibly better

longevity, but at a price from approx £600 upwards.

Somewhere corners have to be cut, but is the branded Kenwood/Alpine/Pioneer equivalent

going to do it 3 or 4 times better ? It's ultimatey your money & your choice, and depends if a

huge amount of functions for a drop in sound quality is ok with you, or maybe a unit with less

functions with a better overall sound ?

There is no right or wrong here as it is your ears & eyes that have to be pleased with your purchase.

Good luck with it if you buy one, and I hope you let us know how you get on :D

to be fair i have a single din pioneer at the moment, i could get the 800dvd add on if i really wanted to, but the idea of a new double din unit just seems so much more appealing right now!

ive got a similar system like this, yea its cheap in bits but u get so much for your money and i find the sound isnt so bad but not amazing either but i have added an amp and sub to mine with standard speakers and its fun

wiring wasnt such as issue for me, i done it in like 10mins

you can buy freeview add on for under £15 which can be easily added

They are cheap units. The array of features is impressive but ultimatly the quality will be lacking at that price point.

From my own experience (more like mates experience really) I'd say: If it still works correctly in a year, you are one of the lucky ones!

If something seems too good to be true.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links