Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Stalling When I Press The Throttle

Steve_D

Hi folks,

Just jumped in my car after a days work & it wouldnt start for me first time, tried again & it was a bit lumpy running, pressed the throttle & it died, it keeps doing this now :crybaby:

I managed to get the car under some cover to have a look under the bonnet since its raining outside!!, without the engine running I can hear a small constant buzzing noise from the throttle body, when I manually turn the throttle spindle part the noise gets louder :question: , I tried to disconnect teh supercharger cable but it doesnt make any difference.

Only thing out of the ordinary recently was I noticed that the stainless sleeve for the TTE airbox had went inside the airbox when i tightened the hose clip, the engine had been sucking in un-filtered air for about a week before i noticed :o

Anyone any ideas whats wrong, anything i can do?

Thanks,

Steve D

Now noticed that I have two fault codes on the Scangauge - P0105, which according to the help section is Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction

Was your supercharger brand new or second hand? If second hand was the Piggy back ECU installed? I'm sure its you're piggy back ECU thats failing. I had it happen to me. Fortunately I had a brand new one spare.

Contact TTE and they will send you one out f.o.c

Hope this helps

Was your supercharger brand new or second hand? If second hand was the Piggy back ECU installed? I'm sure its you're piggy back ECU thats failing. I had it happen to me. Fortunately I had a brand new one spare.

Contact TTE and they will send you one out f.o.c

Hope this helps

TTE dont send out new one's anymore mate, thay have run out of them :o

Re your problem, is the cable fitted correct ? sometimes when not fitted correct, it can duff the motor in the throttle body :o

Sounds like the Black box to me, the throttle always makes that noise, ive figured out, strange how you never notice it till theres a problem though lol.

But yeah definetely the black box, could just be a loose connection.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure its wired correctly & it is all second hand - I guess it is the black box then, strange as well because after toying with the throttle body it actually started to work again (maybe just a coincidence), took it for a run & it was fine, didnt want to risk it though & left the car at work just in case <_<

Thanks Stav, i've sent an enquiry to the seller. The HKS FCD appears to have similar wire colours to the TTE box, got to be honest i dont understand the upper wiring diagram, the bottom one is fine because it has pin numbers

Im thinking of getting one of these too, hopefully will be fitting my kit in the next two weeks :) My only concern is where to connect the cables from the HKS to as it has no pin numbers?? Is there a diagram of the EXCU with what the numbers are allocated to??

Tom.

With the Green wire from the black box going to the ECU side, and Yellow wire to the other side.

Starting from the front of the car, the connectors are E2, E3, (E4 only on auto), E5, E6.

For the HKS FCD, the black and red wires are the same, but the Yellow wire going to the ECU side, and the White wire going to the car side. On Setting 10.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links