Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only problem seems to be the passenger door release which isn't working at all. I think there was an issue with the window mechanism so I'm guessing when they took off the door card they perhaps didn't fit everything back together because it worked Ok during the test drive. I need to contact the warranty folk tomorrow

Congrats....GS is a great car. Which warranty folk must you contact?

The company is called TWG Services - I've never heard of them before. Called them today and they said the Lexus dealer should sort this one because it was obviously like that when I picked it up. Problem is that means I have to spend half a day in Bradford tomorrow while they fix it.

So how do you come to have a warranty with a company who you have never heard of?

The dealer you purchased the car from is responsible for any faults that develop for 6 months on the legally based assumption that they must already have been developing at the time of sale.

Chris, I meant it as a joke...I honestly didn't need anyone to copy and paste a definition from the internet. We can all use Google.

Dave, Lexus Bradford sub-contract the warranty. Simple as that really. The new six month rule I think only applies if the fault can be proven to exist at the time of sale...the warranty however can cover other issues that develop during that period (in this case three months). So if I tested the lock before accepting the car and it was working fine Lexus could argue it developed after the sale and therefore the warranty would be invoked...

Dave, Lexus Bradford sub-contract the warranty. Simple as that really. The new six month rule I think only applies if the fault can be proven to exist at the time of sale...the warranty however can cover other issues that develop during that period (in this case three months). So if I tested the lock before accepting the car and it was working fine Lexus could argue it developed after the sale and therefore the warranty would be invoked...

The fact that it worked on a test drive doesn't mean that the fault wasn't present, possibly intermittently. Or as you say they removed the door card and possibly caused it doing so which would mean that it was present at the time of purchase but would only come to light when you tried to use it

With faults which occur during the 1st. 6 months the burden of proof lies on the seller to prove that the fault was not present or developing at the time of the sale. After 6 months the burden of proof lies with the purchaser to prove the fault was present or developing at the time of purchase.

Anyway, I hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction via whatever warranty and enjoy driving your new Lex.

Dave, took it in today. Problem solved. However I had noticed a slight judder not only through the wheel but generally throughout the front of the car. When I test drove it the salesman said it was tracking and that would be fixed during the service...when I drove it from Stockport to Bradford today I seemed to notice it again so I mentioned about the ball joints (having only just read about them on this forum!) - they put the car on the ramp and, lo and behold, both front ball joints need replacing. It's booked in for next Wednesday/Thursday and they are providing a courtesy car.

I'm going to Birmingham in the morning and the up to Newcastle on Saturday - I just hope my limbs can take the juddering.

Dave, took it in today. Problem solved. However I had noticed a slight judder not only through the wheel but generally throughout the front of the car. When I test drove it the salesman said it was tracking and that would be fixed during the service...when I drove it from Stockport to Bradford today I seemed to notice it again so I mentioned about the ball joints (having only just read about them on this forum!) - they put the car on the ramp and, lo and behold, both front ball joints need replacing. It's booked in for next Wednesday/Thursday and they are providing a courtesy car.

I'm going to Birmingham in the morning and the up to Newcastle on Saturday - I just hope my limbs can take the juddering.

Glad things are getting sorted for you. Once everything is done you can start to really enjoy driving it. Hopefully the drive to Birmingham and Newcastle will show any other potential faults. It might be worth your while to get another Lexus dealership to have a look at the car to see if there is anything else that Bradford missed......could save you cash if they find anything. I'm not sure but I think most will look at your car free, hoping to get some work from the check. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links