Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i upgraded the sat nav dvd in my 02 ls430 for a 2006 edition as the 2002 version was a bit out of date. when i swapped cars to newer 04ls i removed disc from old car and installed in new one, thinking that an 06 disc would be better than an 04 one.

well it may be better and more up to date but it doesnt work in the newer car!!

has anyone else encountered this?

i have now bought an 08 update which works perfectly but am still surprised the old one didnt work as the first five code numbers on the disc are the same.

anyhow, problem solved (159 euros later - not sure what that is in pounds at todays rate - probably about £300!)

is there any market for an 06dvd as i have looked on fleabay and there seems to be a lack of any for lexus?

i upgraded the sat nav dvd in my 02 ls430 for a 2006 edition as the 2002 version was a bit out of date. when i swapped cars to newer 04ls i removed disc from old car and installed in new one, thinking that an 06 disc would be better than an 04 one.

well it may be better and more up to date but it doesnt work in the newer car!!

has anyone else encountered this?

i have now bought an 08 update which works perfectly but am still surprised the old one didnt work as the first five code numbers on the disc are the same.

anyhow, problem solved (159 euros later - not sure what that is in pounds at todays rate - probably about £300!)

is there any market for an 06dvd as i have looked on fleabay and there seems to be a lack of any for lexus?

Hi

The early and late 430 sat nav systems are very different, they use different hardware, but look similar. That is why you have to specify the year as well as the code numbers to buy a new disc.

Your 06 disc will work ok in pre 04 cars, stick it on eBay with all the numbers and see what happens, someone may need one, a lot of people take them from the car when they sell it so people may need one, have seen a few on there and they always seem to sell. Do not offer a refund and give the reason that they can be copied.... I copied mine just in case and it works OK.

Pete

I made a similar mistake. When I had my 2001 GS300 I bought a dvd from eBay from a 2006 GS300. Of course it didn't work. The disc from my 2001 GS300 is a single layer DVD but the new one is a dual layer. When I got my LS430, part of the deal was for them to supply a 2007 disc which should keep me happy for a couple more years to come.

I made a similar mistake. When I had my 2001 GS300 I bought a dvd from ebay from a 2006 GS300. Of course it didn't work. The disc from my 2001 GS300 is a single layer DVD but the new one is a dual layer. When I got my LS430, part of the deal was for them to supply a 2007 disc which should keep me happy for a couple more years to come.

For info my original 2001 DVD was a single layer with 3.8gb, the updated 2007 DVD is a dual layer with 7.5gb and works fine with the earlier system, so I suppose there is more to it than just the size and year of DVD. Just after I bought the car I asked Lexus about an update and the woman said it was imperative that they have all the numbers off the old disc to ensure they supply the correct one, also that you can't update the earlier systems by just changing the DVD.

I got the update disc from the on line store... much cheaper than Lexus direct.

If anyone is reading this and needs a new disc this is where to get it, they are in Europe but the delivery is very fast.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links