Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Luxlink

lizzy borden

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone managed to get the luxlink direct from the US?

I've tried getting one off their site but to no avail :question:

The form won't let me fill in my address properly, even to contact them about the problem. HELP :blush:

Try steve at luxurymotorworks dot com

Yeah, brain wasn't in gear.

Reading the info on the luxlink, once it's installed, am i right in thinking the roof can be opened with one press of the dash button instead of holding it?

The other thing i didn't try was opening it while moving (slowly) through traffic. Does it let you or is it interlocked?

I still haven't got a bloody car yet :( I'm getting pretty sick of looking tbh. :rolleyes: That cream leather/dark wood combo i want is proving illusive. The black leather/dark wood is looking favourite now as they seem more readily available.

Yeah, brain wasn't in gear.

Reading the info on the luxlink, once it's installed, am i right in thinking the roof can be opened with one press of the dash button instead of holding it?

The other thing i didn't try was opening it while moving (slowly) through traffic. Does it let you or is it interlocked?

I still haven't got a bloody car yet :( I'm getting pretty sick of looking tbh. :rolleyes: That cream leather/dark wood combo i want is proving illusive. The black leather/dark wood is looking favourite now as they seem more readily available.

I have the original Luxlink and it does lack some of the features of the later one. TBH im happy just to open and close the top remotely so I wont go through with the trouble of importing in a newer one and refitting.

Im pretty sure the new one does one touch open/close and rear quarter window opening/closing but it wont allow you to operate the roof at speeds over 5mph.

Off down to London (ilford) on monday evening to look at a car.

It's got 88k on the clock with 20" rims, sports suspension and stainless zorsts. Dark blue, black leather, dark wood.

Hopefully this will prove to be the one. What's the cost of a cam belt service? What else should i be looking for?

Guest inicol63
It's up for £10499. That one on ebay is start bid of £13k. I may wait and see what it does at the risk of missing the other.

You may just want to get the right car and add the extra's that you require.

The reason i say this is the right colour is important and the things like the interior colours can be changed.

My leather was changed i add a few things like double stitching in the colour of the car and i had the embossed Lexus logo's addded again to the paint work colour all for £1200.

Again there is the option of changing the wood colours, as while at Jae this weekend i saw another vehicle that had this done, i think the guy paid a couple of hundred pounds for this, this was on the gs model car, but said he felt that the SC could be done as well.

I would stay with your first choice of the light leather because the car can and will get hot if you don't have the roof, this is only my opinion.

I am sure your find a car that you can knock down the price and add these extra to make your own stamp on your car.

I just had my cam belt changed early at 70,000 miles, it cost me at a specalist Lexus garage £500.

I think that aquanuke is correct on the things that he told you to look out for.

Looking forward to seeing what your bought and good luck because it is a buyers market....

Ian

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-LEXUS-SC430-AUT...id=p3286.c0.m14

Cheers Ian.

I'm on a tight budget for now as my wedding is fast approaching (4th oct). So the one at £10499 looks very attractive.

Since it already has some nice rims and the zorsts and suspension sorted I think it's a good buy (when i wave the notes under his nose i'm pretty sure i'll get it for £10k).

Colour changes aren't a prob for me as i did my MK3 Soarer last year. From this;

To this.

Guest inicol63

The changes you made look good so what plans do you have should you go ahead with the purchase?

Buddy you have a whole year to get it ready for next JAE which will be cool, as i for one i would like to see other Sc430 there, as i am sure the rest of the club would.

Only thing is hope the new wife is happy for you to make all the changes you require to your car...

Hope to here your aboard tomorrow... and i wish you and your future wife the very best wishes for October the 4 :hocus-pokus:

Ian

Thanks Ian!

Not over sure on any mods just yet apart from the Wald body kit. I think i'm just gonna play with it for a bit first.

My soarer is undergoing major mods at the mo so i don't have a car. (i'm using my van).

One of the lexii will be at JAE next year i hope lol

It's up for £10499. That one on ebay is start bid of £13k. I may wait and see what it does at the risk of missing the other.

wow £10k for an SC I could cry, shouldnt have left mine sitting in the garage for 6 years :crying:

Def. a buyers market.

wow £10k for an SC I could cry, shouldnt have left mine sitting in the garage for 6 years :crying:

Def. a buyers market.

WTF did you leave it in there 4?

I have to be careful, this is my wedding prezzi to my better half, so i can't let her see me putting anything on here.

I've parked it at my office for now while i get the Luxlink fitted.

The only issue with it is it needs a new screen (£70 on insurance ) and the driver wing mirror won't retract.

I've got a couple of weeks to sort them out so no problem. I got it for a VERY good price however. and with a 12 month warranty form a major dealer (volvo). It's got FSH and they fitted new boot struts, new brake pads all round and 2 new tyres plus 12 months tax before i picked it up. Cushty! :driving: I'm off to get me and the best man kitted out today with suits so i'll take some pics when we get back.

Hi Mate,

Congrats on the new car and get some quick pics up.

How easy was it to get the luxlink and how much was it if you dont mind the question pm me if you want.

Also where are you getting it installed and again how much. Sorry about the questions but want to get his sorted on my SC so all info will be very gratefully recieved.

Congrats again on your new car and welcome to SC ownership.

Regards

Chaz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links