Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Time Poster, Long Time Lurker!

Amit K

Hello all!

Could not think of a contribution, even after reading about this site Spring 2007. I bought a GS430 Sport last September, MK2. Now that I need new tyres, brakes, service, keys I can tell people what I found.

Thanks to Parthiban, for telling me it was Camskill where he got his 18" tyres from. Though it was Madhouse Tyres (SE5 0DS) that came best for Eagle F1 Asymmetric fitted, cheaper then just tyres from Camskill. Having PMed with a LOC member, feeling more confident!

Keys - Lexus Bham & Leicester came best. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=48876&st=0 - not confident.

WIM - suggested Prolex for rear brake pads & discs. Will make my way there for Geometry after the tyres/brakes.

Service - Leicester bound! Moved to SE London from Lincoln 2 weeks ago, so a trek to Leicester but reading dealer reviews shows it should be worthwhile.

I had a 2.0 Hyundai Coupe before this (1.0 Nissan Micra before was my first car :blush: ), but with a newborn daughter my wife was getting awfully squashed at the back! I had looked at the IS200 for a while, but wanted a car that could keep up with the coupe. IS300?? Well why not get GS for the comfort, fuel economy similar to GS430 so I will get that. A car that has some chance to keep up with the coupe in corners = GS430 Sport!

Its very stately compared to the coupe & the comfort (especially at the back) is superb. One downside, in London traffic I wish it was manual as my right knee suffers. But I do love the power when the engine hums as I put my foot down.

AK :D

Welcome to LOC properly now! No probs bout the tyres, it was my pleasure and glad you found them at the right price. :D

Regarding the service, do you need to go to Leicester for something else or just the service? If just the service, no need to go that far - I use Lexus Woodford who are very impressive, in my view the service is second to none, but I'm pretty sure the dealers down south are pretty good too.........seems crazy to go so far for a service unless you have to make the trip there for something else anyway :)

Also you're the first person I've heard say you'd rather have a manual in London traffic! Have you tried shifting the car into neutral while in traffic?

Keys - Lexus Bham & Leicester came best. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=48876&st=0 - not confident.

Hi Amit - Welcome to the club....

On the Keys - Do not waste your money getting them programmed at a dealer - most will charge you over £100 just to program - I can say from personal experience that you can do it yourself using the instructions provided. There are actually 2 other methods floating around - Very similar but slightly different - I got one of them to work on my GS430 - The others didnt break anything - just didnt work.

May take a couple of tries - took me about 30 mins before it accepted it - but saved me £100. And I believe its exactly the same method that the dealer uses anyway.

I'll pull out the details of how I actually did mine and compare with what was listed on the link to see if thats the one that works.

3500 posts wow! Woodford is competitive with Intermediate servicing. Am I allowed to mention quotes for the different dealers? :huh:

Leicester - 15% off for gold member. Apart from keys & servicing the car's drive belt needs replacing (visual check) said Lex Lincoln & the timing/cambelt should be changed simultaneously as its no more labour charge. Leicester do well overall for all 3. Its worth it as it as I have to get value after adding the tyres & brakes (hopefully next week).

Keys-It will be 2 weeks before the trip, if anyone near me can help me create them, I will gladly compensate them for the keys & time. I am new to SE London, not even 3 weeks. Saying that in the first 24 hours someone keyed the car's side - my welcome to London. It will be next year if I look to fix that, with my current situation.

AK

Just out of interest - How many miles the GS done?

I guess if the cambelt needs doing then you are looking quite high mileage (unless its an old low mileage car) - in which case I dont think I'd be paying Dealer prices to do the work @ ~£120/hr - find an independent.

Also - Cambelt/Timing belt - at the same time as drive belt for nothing - seems strange - cambelt should involve much more work

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links