Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Job But Keeping The Lexus

Cotswold Pete

With a 96 LS400 that's just having it's MOT and apart from new tyres should be clear (well I hope so), and having just lost my job, I am not going to give up on the Lexus easily.

Reason 1. It's built like a brick outhouse, and for a 12 year old, the only creak is where the leather on the passenger seat rubs.

Reason 2. It's a darned nice motor - my missus as Honda Civic 1.8 sport which is 5 years younger, uses almost a much fuel, and though it is great for whizzing around country lanes it's all a bit tiring.

Reason 3. The body work on the LS is great, my old Omega (10 years old) had more rust than the Forth Bridge

Reason 4. The money saved by buying this beast cheap 6 months ago, more than makes up for (hopefully) no need to spend huge amounts to replace things that fall off, and so price of fuel is still not the big issue. And being N reg not paying thru nose for VED

Reason 5. This is great car to drive at 110 or 55, and having just passed the magic half century of living, I find that 55 to 60 on the motorway listening to some Drum and Bass is just as pleasing as listening to Mozart at 110, and I can get 500 miles out of a tank, and get to see more of that stuff near the motorway. I think they call it countryside.

So hoping to get another job soon, and just hoping I do not have to take a company car. If I have to take company car next time round, I guess I will have to let my new baby go, but only coz no where to park too many cars where I live.

One final thought if so many people are not driving so much, then that leaves more free space to waft about in a bit of luxury without so many traffic jams.

With a 96 LS400 that's just having it's MOT and apart from new tyres should be clear (well I hope so), and having just lost my job, I am not going to give up on the Lexus easily.

What colour is your LS400? Looks like we're in the same locality....look out for a green IS200 Sport with a sports grill, or a slightly modified IS250 SE-L in Slate Grey :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links