Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi boys and girls.....

MK1 GS300 SPORT

Can any of you tech heads out there help. Driving along when suddenly smelt petrol, since then i have been experiencing a sparodick misfire,this happens more a low speed. have checked for obvious feul leaks but nothing happening. one thing i did notice however is upon taking the dizzy cap off the rotor arm contacts seem to have splintered off in the centre. Also the terminals inside the cap are covered in a white coteing is this normal?

Any help would be gratefully reiceved as we all know Lexus is going to charge........

THANKS

JAYBO :angry::angry:

I'd recommend getting it sorted before driving anymore. If you drive with a misfire, unburned fuel enters the cats and ignites, causing them to overheat. :o

If that happens $$$£££$$$ to get them replaced!

The first GS I bought had a misfire that after 3 attemps, Lexus Bristol were unable to rectify so I rejected the car.

That was a MK2 so no distributor, they tried to blame it on damp and bad sparkies. They dried everything and replaced the sparkies-problem still there.

With regard to your problem, I would say that it's got to be something to do either with the distributor (it's normal to have a bit of white stuff on the contacts-just clean with an emery board making sure to get all the dust out) or with the coil. All this warm weather might have caused your coil to overheat. Try replacing the cap and rotor and see if that helps. How many miles?

When you say splintered do you mean cracked if so i would say this is your prob and should be the first thing to change as very cheap .The only concern is the fact you can smell petrol and should not drive until sorted problem .I take you have checked all of your fuel lines .

ONLY SMELT PETROL INITIALLY WHEN PROBLEM STARTED.THE SMELL HAS NOW GONE. NOT SMELT IT SINCE....... FEUL LINES ARE ALL PERFECT.

AS REGARDS TO THE ROTOR ARM ITS AS THOUGH THE CENTRE PART OF THE ARCH/CONTACT HAS BURNT/SPLINTERED AWAY.

DO YOU RECOMEND CHANGING THE CAP AT THE SAME TIME ?

THANKS

JAYBO

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links