Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

muddyell

Sorted!

I am have bought the tein basic coilover kit from TDi so the car should be nice and stiff before long

Will i get any discount off the price even tho i ordered online? I have put it in the notes that i am a gold member on here and left my membership number

Will i get any discount off the price even tho i ordered online? I have put it in the notes that i am a gold member on here and left my membership number

Probably best to ask them direct or on the Gold forums here for that.

If you're a Gold member, then you need to send a PM to Steve because you should have a "Gold" icon showing up against your postings.

Will these fit my IS? I would imagine so but the decription say 2000-2005 and mine is 1999

Tein's own websites says 2000-2005, e.g. see here

I'm assuming they've just got it wrong, since I don't recall anyone here saying there's a problem with Tein coilovers on 1999 models. But I don't know for sure.

the 200-2005 ones fit the 1999 percectly. went straight in no problems. mine is 99 se

yea prob. at least they not like some makes of car where they change the suspension setup about 4 times on same car but different year as i learned. just because a car says its 2002 dont mean it is it may have lay about a factory carpark for a year before that particullar car was needed. example my 2001 ka needed lowering springs from a 1999 ka to fit correctly.

so you dont always get the brand new car you think lol

I am guessin you can adjust the height of the basic damper kit?

I think i might go for the super streets tho as i will be able to adjust the damping on them

How do you rate the basic damper kit for stiffness?

yes height adjustable beond recovery. so as low as you can go really without having to replace camber adjustment parts.

mine is -35 at front -50 at back, actually need to readjust them now because they hav settled about 1cm all round.

keep an eye on that too

not too stiff but noticeable harder. still decent ride quality

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links